Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took Belle to my friend's house today, and her brother was being a real jerk!!

He kept saying how Belle isn't really a dog but a football, or a pom pom, all kinds of other mean crap. For the most part I was ignoring it, but after hearing it for half of the day it was beginning to get on my nerves!! So finally, I picked Belle up and looked at him with the most serious look I could muster up, and said,

"You know what, I don't care what she is to you. Call her whatever you want, but regardless of your words I know that Belle is my best friend. So to you she can be whatever name your half brain can think of, but in the end, she's my best friend!!"

His girlfriend was present for this, so of course she has to butt in saying, "Well this is my best friend!!" and put her arms around him. So I responded,

"That's great for you, but at least mine will continue to love me unconditionally despite whatever happens in the end, she'll always love me."

They had no responses for that so I think I won! :whoo:

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Makeshift heart...these are not friends IMO. Friends are not cruel to each other. They respect one another. I believe you and your 'friends' are young. I know it is common in that age group to behave this way since many lack maturity yet but I think you are more mature than these people. Perhaps you need to find yourself some real friends who don't treat you and your pet that way.

You have your self respect and you love your pet so you don't need to 'win' anything. It shouldn't be a competition or battle of wits when you ask a friend to be sensitive to your feelings and stop antagonizing you and your dog. No friend should even put you in that position. Walk away with your dignity and leave that kind of petty, immature nonsense to those who still need to grow up. You'll be a much happier person.

I hope that I haven't offended you but I have seen all my children go through this sort of stuff while growing up and I haven't much patience for it.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My friend wasn't the one doing it, it was her brother. He's never been like this until that b*tch of a girlfriend came into his life ugh!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
oh...I misunderstood the post then. My apologies.

That's too bad about him and his girlfriend. I wonder why your friend didn't say anything to her brother since he was treating you badly in their home.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh...I misunderstood the post then. My apologies.

That's too bad about him and his girlfriend. I wonder why your friend didn't say anything to her brother since he was treating you badly in their home.
Because it never does any good sadly. We both have tried to tell him to shut up before and he just doesn't. Ugh I miss the old brent, the one I went to prom with e.e.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
funny how we lovely ladies can addle a normaly sensable young man's brain LoL.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
That's for sure. I really believe their brains go completely to mush sometimes. LOL Hopefully the situation will get better in the future.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
I think my hubby's brain is mush most of the time... There is only one time when he is *ahem* alert. LoL.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts