Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On March 24th we were blessed with 5 beautiful Black velvet Standard poodle puppies. 2 boys and 3 girls. Shelbee(cream) the mom is doing great and is a very good mom. Oakley is the dad. (brown and white)
:preggers:

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
YEap... I hope that doodles are rescues and not bread or I will just have a "conniption" here :eek:hwell:

PS: Just found this in the January post

"Yes Springer Doodles. We bred English Springer for 9 Years. My husbands favorite dog. I aways loved the Poodle. I had my cream Poodle named Shelbee. We live on a lake. We take them down to play all... So we bred Shelbee with one of our springers. We had nothing about prase about this breed. "

So yeah - I am "connipting" LMAO &*()_*&^%$#

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Oh my you will be shot down, people on this forum dislike all doodles, no sorry we dislike(begin mild here) people who MAKE doodles !!! We don't hate dogs :) Love them all they are not at fault here.

Poodle as a breed are wonderful and don't need any improvement by mixing them with other breeds..

Here is the right forum for you DoodleKisses.com - Where Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Owners Connect! for people who don't know any better.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Shouldn't it be "springer spoodle"?
+1

I always thought it was a "doodle" because labrador lost it's "or" and added "oodle"; ie labradoodle

Not sure about goldendoodles, but can we all just agree that it is a kind of dumb name anyway? lol

-------------------------

Also... curious as to why OP is spelling "Shelbee" that way rather than the way on the website? (Which is spelled "Shelby" there.) :confused: Seems beeeeerrrrryyyy suspicious lol :D

When is Oakley's other litter due? And aren't you planning on breeding him again this year? To Sammy?

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I do not know about you guys - I love this forum, but if it becomes a "BYB Central" - I am OUT OF IT !!!!! There are a ton of "dog forums" of all kinds - if this place is not going to be dedicated to "poodle improvement " and ethical breeding - I really do not wish to be a part of it.

We already have "shnoodle" support going on here, for example :wacko:. I wish it is done through PMs or e-mails and not publicly. Accident can happen once - that is why it is called an "accident" - multiple "tieinges" are NOT an accident, etc ...

Also, even when a breeding is an accident - than some health testing can be done anyway on a Stud and a Bitch - right ???

I feel today as a "Ghost of The Christmas Present" - but really now :wacko:

I just feel disappointed ... that is all...:smow:

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
I do not know about you guys - I love this forum, but if it becomes a "BYB Central" - I am OUT OF IT !!!!! There are a ton of "dog forums" of all kinds - if this place is not going to be dedicated to "poodle improvement " and ethical breeding - I really do not wish to be a part of it.
This I somewhat agree on...... It's interesting how many are becoming members who are doodle makers or designer dog breeders. I honestly feel some are looking for an opportunity.:wacko:

Everyone has a right to be here I suppose.....but we have a choice to also leave.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
how old is the sire?
I figured these were poodles the ones being born ((I went to her albums and looked at the dogs there xD))
but the sire looks almost young to me

and I agree wishpoo I won't leave...I'll just run em off >:O
but there has to be some kind of testing that can be done on accidental births

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
how old is the sire?
I figured these were poodles the ones being born ((I went to her albums and looked at the dogs there xD))
but the sire looks almost young to me

and I agree wishpoo I won't leave...I'll just run em off >:O
but there has to be some kind of testing that can be done on accidental births
Ha,ha,ha!!! I was going to say that but was afraid to. I do not think too many stay because they are certainly not made to feel very welcome, so dont worry. It all comes out in the wash.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
I think its the doodle breeders themselves that we have a problem with...
because I own a doodle and I've never been accosted for having him ((I didn't get him from a breeder...he was a pound puppy but still)) by any member of this forum

I think any doodle breeder who comes here and thinks we're being "unwelcoming" is just looking for an excuse to run and tell all the people they know that poodle owners are jerks...but thats just my observation :D

((lol I just read the first page of comments
I love how eloquently Winnow said GTFOuttt >:O
XDD <3333))

·
Registered
12,183 Posts
Why would you worry? We're not being snobby or mean, we're being practical and responsible.
I am not worried. I just did not want to come across as mean. There may be many Doodle breeders whose choice of dogs to breed I do not agree with, but I might still like as people. I have found many purebred Poodle breeders I do not like at all and lots I do like, and I am sure it would be the same with Doodle breeders. So not worried, just not wanting to sound vicious or nasty. I dont think Wishpoo needs to worry about leaving this forum because it appears the majority of BYBs or designer breed enthusiasts do not stay here long anyway. This is fine by me. It is after all called The Poodle Forum.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Thank you Wishpoo! I feel the same exact way, I hope the doodle invasion is over soon and we can get back to the friendly poodle owner/responsible breeder supporting forum we have always been. It's nice to have someone bold enought to say what so many of us are thinking!

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Agreed with others. I think the point is, this is a poodle forum. Not a poodle crossed with (insert breed here) forum. There's plenty of other forums out there dedicated to dogs generally, and even those dedicated to cross breeds, but this one isn't! I agree that this forum needs to maintain its focus, otherwise there's no point to it.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts