Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are Fromm not worth the cheap price? I was told if you pay less than 80.00 it's really not worth it in the end. Any suggestions?

This will be for home use but with having 2 spoos and I am freak about being well groomed I will pay the money, I would just like to get the bang for my buck!

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
As a professional groomer, I can tell you, from my opinion, that that's crap. ^^ Both my straight and curved shears were $27 each, both my old and new pair. My last ones lasted a year (and would've lasted longer but I wanted longer blades) and they were the same price. Doing home grooming, those should last you a lifetime. I'd just reccomend long shears, mine are 7 inches?

Just don't drop them! And if you do and they're not cutting right, anyone that does blade and shear sharpening will sharpen them and put them back in order.

·
Registered
20 Posts
IF I were to recomend a GOOD shear just for home use if you might want to go more expensive is Geib shears They are under 75 bucks and on sale at pet edge right now for $57 ,I prefer 8.5 in shears. I used the gators for many years They different different levels of shears .Just plain ol geib gators would work .Next step up would be super gators.
I also use kamsori's which are $150 and up

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I found most everything I use at groomers.net and bought it used..i have a pair of Geib and Kenchii, i prefer the Kenchii myself but both work great! I paid about $100 (curved+straights and a thinning shear) for the geib and $75 for the kenchii (curved + straights)

I have used some of the cheaper brands from pet edge like paw brothers for example..worked fine for anything I needed to do. A coworker had a few pair made by paw brothers that i would borrow until I bought my own. I would have bought those had I not found my current stuff on groomers.net.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts