Poodle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Roo gets it...I think...I hope lol.

She never gives me any signal that she needs out, she either goes on the floor or waits for me to take her out which I do every 30 mins or so.

Anyway her and Quincy were playing not rough or anything, all of a sudden she lets out this weird kinda yip, not an I'm in pain yip but different...so i scooped her up and took her outside and she pooped!! YAY Ruby. This could be the beginning of a wonderful thing OR it could be fluke. not sure yet but I'm hoping.

On a side note something happenend yesterday, it truly scared me and I think probably scarred her for life :( . Daycare kids were napping and she was on the couch chewing her bone. I decided to run the va***. Quincy who loves to chase the va*** was doing his usual chase and I guess Ruby wanted to have some fun or see what was so fun abotu chasing a va***, anyway she jumped off the couch and she still had her leash on.....next thing I know the va*** has sucked up her leash and my poor pup was being starngled. It was one of those moments where you see it happening but you panic, I was trying to hold her coller so she wouldn't break her neck and trying to turn teh va*** off all at teh same time.

She is ok and wasn't hurt, but it scared me so bad and I think she will probably run every time that va*** comes out. She could have been killed all because I didn't think, I knew she had her leash on but never ever did I think that it would get sucked up or that she would get off teh couch, I va*** everyday 2ce, and she always stays up on teh couch and pays no mind.....I feel horrible. It was stupid and it shoudl never have happened. Needless to say she no longer wears her leash in the house, and for now she will be kenneled when I do va***.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
I'm glad she is getting the potty training message

Bummer about the evil va***e of doom trying to kill her though... That would have scared me too. Funny how things like that tend to happen in slow motion and there is nothing you can do to stop it. Glad it all worked out though and she wasn't hurt. Depending on why you had her leash on, I'm assuming it's for potty training/control of young puppy, it might not be a bad thing to keep up with her being leashed in the house. Then again, if you're able to watch and not allow her free run of your home to cause puppy troubles then maybe the leash isn't needed.

I thought keeping a leash on a new puppy all the time was dumb at first but I'm a convert now though, the puppy in my home are leashed 100% of the time unless they are in the yard or in crates. It has made thing soooo much easier! In Saleen's case, her 6foot lead is cliped to my belt all the time too, which is also proving useful :)

I agree though, I would probably crate her next time you need to do a little cleaning.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Yay for Roo!

I thought I had Star trained finally and she piddled in the house twice yesterday (she was running free since I was so very sure she was housebroken!).

No freedom for a while until she shows she really gets it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts