Poodle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn’t begin a year-long thread for Bennie’s first year. But I really love the idea of having a virtual scrapbook here... We’ll see if I can keep up with it! I’m notoriously great for taking photos of my humans, and not so great for printing and framing.
I’ll start with a few photos from Gotcha Day, back in October, as well as the day or two after

Bennie was born on Friday August 13, one day after my most beloved cat Puppy was cremated, and one day after my Mumma’s birthday (also deceased). Hard to explain, but it’s really felt like she and Puppy exchanged some info before she carried his torch on. Maybe more on that later...

Dog Water dog Carnivore Dog breed Gesture

Dog Water dog Working animal Carnivore Collar

Dog Water dog Carnivore Dog breed Gesture

Dog Water dog Comfort Carnivore Dog breed

·
Registered
118 Posts
I, we had, a Black Poodle, Kelsey was her name. I miss her so much. She was the sweetest best-behaved dog ever. She would walk off leash and stay right beside me, never growled at anyone, stayed in her yard, until she got old and then with failing eyesight, followed a neighbor, who was on a walk, back to our house. She had never ever strayed before; I think she actually just got confused and lost due to old age. Anyways, super soft spot in my heart for black poodles!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rewind to the ONNNNNNNLY time she’s ever been allowed on the couch (Partner is allergic). She’d been home for one week and I think he was feeling soft 😝.

Other two pics are from today. The sun was shining and I was sitting where I used to always sit with my sweet cat, Puppy. I had a moment where I was really feeling him and I was also loving the way B’s colouring was looking in the sunshine

Attachments

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No posting for the past month or so... household’s been pretty boring with stomach bugs and a second round of COVID.

Bennie would like to ask what the heck happened to trail walks and play?! The weather was just starting to get good, too!

She was beginning to look rather bedraggled. So I busted out the scissors and clippers today to freshen her up...

...To which she looked at me rather side-eyed, after watching me buzz off my waist length hair myself two weeks ago 🙊

We aren’t done yet. And I can’t say I really know what I’m doing. But after my own liberating hair adventures, I can say I’ve found a whole new experience of “meh, it’s only hair!”

Dog Water dog Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog

Dog Water dog Carnivore Dog breed Companion dog

1 - 20 of 31 Posts