Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep forgetting to post this.
I can't remember who told me to do this, but my cavalier was having some really nasty eye gook, (that's the technical term!) like they do, and I was getting fed up with it. It was kinda stinky and annoying. I know that happens a lot with bug eyed breeds, but I see it with other breeds as well.
Someone told me to give them only bottled water and that will clear it up.

So far so good, I've been giving Jack (and now Flip) bottled water only, both have clear eyes (except for Flips morning goo from the issue I discussed earlier, only in one eye).

Definitely happy with this outcome! A few of my clients have been trying it as well, all with the same positive results.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Hmm, I will have to try this. Perry has NASTY eye gunk, and TheFiance will never clean it for me. *sigh* Plus, right now would be a perfect time to try it out for my furry family... as the lake we live near is turning and the water now tastes like miracle grow. OR what I imagine it to taste like.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eww. :)
I am a 'water snob'. Hehehe.
I hope it works for you.
One guy was so pleased with the result of trying it, he brought me a starbucks gift card for $25.00. :D

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Another great thing to try is a greek style yogurt. I give it to my Havanese (1 tsp twice a day)who has on and off issues with leaky eyes. I also give him fresh chopped parsley added to his food once a day. But you have to start slow as too much will give them upset tommy.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I wonder if the filtered water from the front of the refrigerator would be comparable to the bottled? That is what our dogs get-there is some staining on Paulie (the lite-colored one) but it is not icky or smelly. We had a lot of those problems with our toy who is now passed-especially as he got older we had to clean his eyes every day and use artificial tears. He had cataracts so bad at the end-he was 16 years.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I keep forgetting to post this.
I can't remember who told me to do this, but my cavalier was having some really nasty eye gook, (that's the technical term!) like they do, and I was getting fed up with it. It was kinda stinky and annoying. I know that happens a lot with bug eyed breeds, but I see it with other breeds as well.
Someone told me to give them only bottled water and that will clear it up.

So far so good, I've been giving Jack (and now Flip) bottled water only, both have clear eyes (except for Flips morning goo from the issue I discussed earlier, only in one eye).

Definitely happy with this outcome! A few of my clients have been trying it as well, all with the same positive results.
wow, just stumbled upon this. I'm an so going to try it. Thanks!

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have been giving my current poodles bottle water since each one came into my life (started in 2009)......all three have great looking eyes with no staining or leaking.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts