Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used this? I am looking for a new shampoo and possibly conditioner. I know there was a thread on here earlier forgive me. How are the products in pet edge?

Also blow dryers........I don't need a salon dryer, but want something productive with a decent life to it.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Has anyone used this? I am looking for a new shampoo and possibly conditioner. I know there was a thread on here earlier forgive me. How are the products in pet edge?

Also blow dryers........I don't need a salon dryer, but want something productive with a decent life to it.

Thanks in advance!
Wow looks expensive ? I love the tear free stuff for the regular kids and I use Chris Christensen for the show dogs.
I have some VERY old dryers and will soon be in the market myself for a good stand dryer. So I will be watching this thread.. I would like to know more about this shampoo that you ar e gonna buy as well

·
Registered
448 Posts
I've not used it and don't know the cost... guess first question is are you talking about regular bathing or for a dog in show coat?

I bought the Pure Paws products for Addie... for Ava, All Systems and both are very good.

For other ...
I like Nature's Specialties...Plum Silk for body and their tearless for face.
Also nice is Oatmella by DoubleK I think it is. Both are reasonably priced.
Oatmella can be found through PetEdge and maybe Ryans too.

Stand dryer... I have the ChallengeAir 9000, which I like but can't compare to anything else as I don't know how others work.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've not used it and don't know the cost... guess first question is are you talking about regular bathing or for a dog in show coat?

I bought the Pure Paws products for Addie... for Ava, All Systems and both are very good.

For other ...
I like Nature's Specialties...Plum Silk for body and their tearless for face.
Also nice is Oatmella by DoubleK I think it is. Both are reasonably priced.
Oatmella can be found through PetEdge and maybe Ryans too.

Stand dryer... I have the ChallengeAir 9000, which I like but can't compare to anything else as I don't know how others work.
No I am looking for regular bathing.

The product was 38.00 for a gallon. I want something that is really good for matting, the skin and smell. I have not determined if I am buying yet but I loved the ingredients in it.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I really want to try Coat Handler concentrate for daily washing. If I don't have a show coat there is no reason to get all into the pricey stuff. I have some diluted Chris Christensen stuff and it's really really good. It makes the coat nice and soft and makes them smell good.

I want a Double K dryer but they are very pricey. I think a stand dryer would be best for standards but I personally think you can get away with a canister type with an arm to hold it.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
No I am looking for regular bathing.

The product was 38.00 for a gallon. I want something that is really good for matting, the skin and smell. I have not determined if I am buying yet but I loved the ingredients in it.
I too would love to find something for matting ! I bathe once a week and go through alot of shampoo, so I like soemthing that can be watered down and still work .

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, I am going to start looking again............

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I LOVE the Chris Christensen products for shampoo, conditioner, brushes, combs, etc... For a dryer, I have a Double K canister type dryer with two motors... I think it was around $300, but I wanted something that would last a good long while. :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I can't even imagine using a regular human dryer on Vinnie - it would take FOREVER. I turn both motors on him and it takes about 10 minutes and he has a TON of hair (the longer areas are now almost three inches).

A dog dryer is worth it in the long run! You will wonder how you lived without it!

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I've already started sweet talking my husband for one. I've been looking into them for so long that it's just time to splurge and buy already.

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
What is a dog dryer?
It's a high-velocity dryer that actually blows the water off the coat very quickly as opposed to the human hair dryers that are very gentle and can get very hot. Dog dryers don't usually have heat... I want one too! :)

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
It's a high-velocity dryer that actually blows the water off the coat very quickly as opposed to the human hair dryers that are very gentle and can get very hot. Dog dryers don't usually have heat... I want one too! :)
Some have a little heat.

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
Some have a little heat.
Yeah, some do... A lot of the ones I've looked at explain that the motor produces a little heat and that's what warms up the air coming from the blower, but they don't actually have a heating element in them. I'm pretty sure *I* wouldn't like having a cold, powerful stream of air blowing on me when I'm wet, but I also would hate to burn my puppy, too... Maybe I'll get one for Christmas (along with a sheepskin rug!) :)

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
You can have heat in the stand dryers, but they are a gentle motor and used in the same way as you'd use a human hairdryer (by brushing as you go and it drys from the outside, in) Force dryers WON'T have a heating element in them, or they get too hot and will litterally melt the hose (hence why stand dryers also don't have hoses!) they do get warm simply with the motor running, just like any running motor heats up. Some can still actually get quite hot without an element!

A force dryers drys from the skin outwards, by pure force, it blasts the water out of the hair, and is a GODSEND! I think that even if i didn't groom, I'd want a force dryer. I use it on Paris wven when she's dry, to blast dirt from her coat and fluff it up, making her seem cleaner without bothering to give her a bath. lol.

I'm lucky enough to have won a big stand/force dryer from ezycoat, worth nearly $700US, which is a stand dryer with heat if you want, or attach the hose and turn up the power (and the heat off!) and it's better than a double K force dryer. *swoon* I wuvs my ezycoat!!! :p

FD

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You can have heat in the stand dryers, but they are a gentle motor and used in the same way as you'd use a human hairdryer (by brushing as you go and it drys from the outside, in) Force dryers WON'T have a heating element in them, or they get too hot and will litterally melt the hose (hence why stand dryers also don't have hoses!) they do get warm simply with the motor running, just like any running motor heats up. Some can still actually get quite hot without an element!

A force dryers drys from the skin outwards, by pure force, it blasts the water out of the hair, and is a GODSEND! I think that even if i didn't groom, I'd want a force dryer. I use it on Paris wven when she's dry, to blast dirt from her coat and fluff it up, making her seem cleaner without bothering to give her a bath. lol.

I'm lucky enough to have won a big stand/force dryer from ezycoat, worth nearly $700US, which is a stand dryer with heat if you want, or attach the hose and turn up the power (and the heat off!) and it's better than a double K force dryer. *swoon* I wuvs my ezycoat!!! :p

FD
Lucky you!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts