Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Today Renn and I were having a good day. We were having an extra play session outdoors this morning and his feet and lower furnishings were black with dirt. So I got out the hose and shampoo . All was going well then he started to act up being really wild and I yelled at him, made him listen and sit still for me and I did his front feet but decided not to press it with his rear feet as I had gotten him to a better mind. And when I walked back onto the patio I felt it...Fire ant bites on my ankles and arms..then I looked at him sure enough there were in his fur. I apologized profusely as I pulled the critters from his fur, then brought him inside up on the grooming table and I must have gotten a dozen more off him. Poor baby he was getting bit while I said..why are you acting like this, you like water you have had baths at the groomer, oh is she bathing you? why why....now I know ..meanwhile out came the ortho fire ant killer after we found the mound hidden under a bush not far from where we were. My poor baby, however he is now recovered and doesn't seem to have any issue .

Registered
Poor Renn, that was not a fun way to end the morning.

Reactions: Mufar42

Premium Member
Poor Renn! I hate those devil ants. One bite becomes a blister on me. What a stoic, well-focused little guy. For humans, I recommend a product called AfterBite.

Premium Member
Poor both of you, but Renn will forgive you, Now forgive yourself too.

Reactions: Mufar42

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
When I look back now he really kept trying to listen to me, his least favorite command is down...it takes a few times still, yesterday he wold immediately go into a down when I told him but would hop right up try to go down hop again...he just have been saying get those darn ants off me and i'll do anything you say. This morning its quite wet out after showers all evening so we won't run around till it dries up and I scan for ants.

Registered
So sorry that both you and Rene were ant-bite victims! I鈥檓 especially glad to hear he is all better now. Hope you are too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Fire ants are terrible! When I lived in Texas I had to deal with them. Benedryl helps when there are multiple bites. Caladryl is a good topical, although it might stain a cream or apricot poodle. That beats the agony of a fire ant bite, tho!

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks you..Yes benedryl is my friend in many ways, lol. I have the ant blisters but for some reason they are not bad itchy as past bites. (I've been in the south for along time n they alway get me). Renn faired well, hasn't been biting or itching. I think his thick fur protected him from multiple bites. I pulled lots out that were caught in his fur . So we are both good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts