Poodle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Charlie and Shadow wanted us to introduce their new little brother Joey. This little guy followed us home last week. After striking out trying to find his real owners and to find him a new home, we've decided to keep him. He's about 8 months old.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
He is cute but he's not a manchester terrier. Manchesters are pretty rare, and very unlikely that one somehow got loose to reproduce. His face is not as pointy as a manchester and his ears fold over. All the manchesters I see have prick ears.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awww, well thanks. We just thought maybe that's what he was (we aren't really sure)...thanks for the info though!

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Aw, what a cutie - and so are Shadow and Charlie.

My first thought was that he looks like what would happen if you mated a min-pin with a dachshund. With maybe a little chihuahua thrown in for good measure.

I'm glad he found a good home. :)

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Oh wow, Joey looks identical to a Chiweenie one of my coworkers owns (except black and tan) and one of the other chi/doxies I know has those b&t markings... Looks like a super handsome chi/doxie cross to me. ;) Though I'm just going by what I can see, I could be totally wrong but he looks (for real) exactly like little Mikey. Congrats on the new addition! Your poodles are real pretty, too! Charlie looks so clean. <3

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Awww, he is so cute and seem to fit well with your poodles. It seems that he might be part min pin, part chi, and part something else...????

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Congratulations on your addition to the pack! Shadow and Charlie do look like they're introducing him, "And here's Joey!"

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What a cutie! My Lola showed up at our house and we never found her owner either.
DO you think he might have some Min Pin in him?
Yes, we actually thought he was a min pin, but according to the min pin rescue organization, he's too big to be one. He's about 13 - 13.5 inches from the shoulder and 14 lbs at about 8 months old. It would make sense for him to have min pin in him, but just be mixed with something else though.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone! I can tell you that he is a tracker...he's always going along the border of fence smelling the perimeter. He also loves to chase birds and lightning bugs. lol He is also an extremely fast runner. He starts out chasing our standard (they make a little train...Shadow, then Charlie, then Joey)...but he always ends up running past the other two! lol Also, his tail does come to a point at the end, but when he's just standing around, it curls and bends back towards his body.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 14 of 14 Posts