Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been waving down poodle owners left and right, and still haven't found a groomer or vet? Anyone here know of anyone in san francisco? Also, where is a good place to bring a puppy?

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Hi piemama,

I am a San Francisco local where do you live? I assume you want a vet close by? Where do you live? Do you want the groomer in the neighborhood as well?

Here's a few groomers to start:
By George - great groomer, just make sure he is the one doing the grooming!
3321 20th Street
San Francisco, CA 94110
(415) 648-4846

Russian Hill Grooming - two locations, probably the most expensive groomer in the city, but a master groomer. People love him, never used him cause he was a snob to me on the phone. lol
http://www.russianhilldoggrooming.com/

Bernie's grooming - she is actually inside the Animal care and control. I've seen her work and she is good
bernie's grooming - San Francisco - Dog & Cat Grooming

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Hi Piemama,

Welcome to the forum. I'm a new mini poodle owner and new to SF too. PL referred us to these groomers. I took Nickel to George twice and we love him. Try to make an afternoon appointment with him. He said he is the only one in the shop after 3pm.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool thanks! How about safe off leash places and vets? Haven't found that either! You can PM me too.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
You absolutely may. Where do you want to go??? I think you live in the SOMA area, right? I absolutely love the Fort Funston, have you ever been there??? If not, it's a treat. Also Crissy Field is another favorite. Stern Grove is another must go to place. None of these places are actually fenced in, as my dogs don't do the real, fenced in parks cause they hate to be boxed in. My guys also love ocean so we like to go to the beach at Great Highway. If you park next to the windmill (where the Brewery is) it is all off leash all the way to the Cliff House.

HTH

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Thanks. I have taken Nickel to Fort Funston - we all love it; just that we don't trust Nickel enough yet so I think a fenced in area would be more suitable for the time being. Definitely need to work on his recall~

·
Registered
17 Posts
There's also another larger off-leash park in Bernal Heights with spectacular views of the city. Otherwise, Fort Funston and Crissy Field as PL mentioned, also have great views. If you're ever in the East Bay though, Point Isabel is one of the nicest dog parks in the Bay Area as they have a cafe, restrooms, and great water views of SF.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Tilden Park is great too.
You also have the most wonderful play group Poodles at Play, I was so lucky to be able to take Foxxy and Baldr on a hike with them last May when we were visiting friends in Davis. Speaking of Davis they have a great groomer there that my friend uses Ann Martin.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Tilden Park is great too.
You also have the most wonderful play group Poodles at Play, I was so lucky to be able to take Foxxy and Baldr on a hike with them last May when we were visiting friends in Davis. Speaking of Davis they have a great groomer there that my friend uses Ann Martin.
The group Poodles at Play is a great meetup for poodles to socialize and mingle. I was at the last meetup about a month ago and have met many wonderful people.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Hi!

We use Bernie's groomer and she has been great with Fozzie. Our Vet is Dr. Sandy Hazenow at 7 hills vet (she is recommended by the Bay Area Poodle Group).

There is a great off leash park at Douglass and 27th, it's my new favorite place. it's fenced, except for the entry, which is fine because you can take your dog WAY inside the park and easily have them away from that entrace. The local community just got the funding to build a double entry gate there and construction is starting soon! The people who go there are very nice and responsible.

There are a lot of SPoos at Stern Grove, which is also off leash, we were just there on Saturday and Fozzie romped with no less than 3 spoos. it was so fun to watch! I am told many poodle owners go there.

Yay, more bay area poodle owners!

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
There are a lot of SPoos at Stern Grove, which is also off leash, we were just there on Saturday and Fozzie romped with no less than 3 spoos. it was so fun to watch! I am told many poodle owners go there.

Yay, more bay area poodle owners!
Aww, I am so bummed I missed you. We are at Stern Grove practically every evening.

·
Registered
644 Posts
sorry we missed you too! we tend to go on the weekend to see FozziesDad's parents, but we can do a playdate if we know an exact time/date.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We just went to Corona Heights, by the Randall Museum. It's also fenced in, but it's bark/topsoil covered, so we got really messy. I'll try heading to Fort Funston this weekend. So, how do you go about transporting a sandy wet poodle in the car? Can someone give me more info about poodles at play? According to the website, there isn't any new events coming up. Thanks! Hope to meet you all sometime.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts