Poodle Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Ooh, it's going to be a very long next 36 hours..... New surrounding... new human. Hopefully Milo konks out around 1:00am your time so you can get some sleep, and wake up around 5:00am to go pee outside.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
The driver called…he’ll be here at 11:30 (Mountain Time). It’s a good thing we’re too excited to sleep!

The driver said Milo is sleeping now, but I guess he’s been playing almost all the way from Minnesota to Montana.
Ok so, like typical me. I fell asleep. I teach kindergarten and I’m usually worn out at the end of the day, because I get up at 4:00 am.
So did our little guy make it home, I’m sure you are worn out, just from anticipation. Hopefully the two of you got great sleep. I’m still buying stuff neither of us need, lol. I’m sending back Nylbone teething frozen toy. A friend just told about the surgery her dog had to have after part of it broke off and swallowed it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ok so, like typical me. I fell asleep. I teach kindergarten and I’m usually worn out at the end of the day, because I get up at 4:00 am.
So did our little guy make it home, I’m sure you are worn out, just from anticipation. Hopefully the two of you got great sleep. I’m still buying stuff neither of us need, lol. I’m sending back Nylbone teething frozen toy. A friend just told about the surgery her dog had to have after part of it broke off and swallowed it.
I was a high school teacher for seven years. I’ve always had special admiration for kindergarten teachers! I had no idea Nylabones could be dangerous. Thank you for passing that information along. Have you read the Ian Dunbar books? If not, they’re a quick read. He also has a new series on YouTube called The Puppy Next Door. I think they’re on episode 4. It’s really helpful. The only reason I have a second of peace to drink coffee and peruse Poodle Forum is because Milo is settled in his crate. 😊☕

·
Registered
Elroy: Standard Poodle
1,757 Posts
Tell us about Milo's first day if you get a chance! We are all vested in Milo now. Congratulations!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I will look into the book and videos. Thank you so much.
The books are available as free downloads. Just google Ian Dunbar “Before and After You Get Your Puppy.” Some of his ideas were a little unrealistic for me. (I’m definitely not inviting 20 people to my house for a “puppy party” where I pass Milo around and they take turns inspecting his bottom😝). But the principles are fantastic. I think the YouTube series is a little more updated view of his approach .

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have been preparing and over preparing for Brina’s arrival. I probably have to much stuff. She’s 7 weeks today. I get to see her every week. She changes every time I visit her. View attachment 481385 View attachment 481385
Today’s the big day!! I’m so excited for you. I can’t wait to see pictures when you bring your little sweetie home.💖

21 - 37 of 37 Posts