Poodle Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,464 Posts
Michigan Gal made escellent points. I won't repeat her comments, but rather adda couple of my own. First you (and anyone else in a similar situation) nee to remember that a 4 month old puppy may well understand the concept of housebreaking (pottying indoors is not good) but most 4 month old pups are not neuromuscularly well developed enough to resist the urge to empty when they feel pressure. They just don't have good enough control over the appropriate sphincters. Teach the pup to potty on command and never put a pup in a crate for more than a few minutes if they haven't relieved themselves just before doing so.

Addressing another of your points, IT IS NEVER A GOOD IDEA TO GET ANOTHER DOG TO TRY TO SOLVE A PROBLEM WITH A DOG ALREADY IN THE HOUSEHOLD.

Additionally I would never give CBD or Rescue Remedy or such to a young puppy (or for that matter an adult dog) or without exhausting non pharmacological options first.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.