Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 14 year old standard poodle. She is starting to slip on the floors. She does the splits when she eats. Her bowls are raised and I clip her feet. I tried leaving her hair on her feet but it made nop differece. I am wondering if anyone knows if I can get anything for her feet so she won't slip. I have seen something in a magazine before and it was like treads that go on her feet. I can't find them now.
Thanks. Here is a picture of her last Saturday.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Wow, what a stunning photo. She really looks beautiful. I bet the cool rush of water over her toes felt good.

You could try dog boots designed for hunting. I know there are anti slip sprays for dog shows too. I haven't tried either one. When my little one got older, she did the same thing. Course she was so little, I just picked her up and off we went.. :D

It would be nice to see her keep some independence. Let us know what you try and what works.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Hi, I have a 14 year old standard poodle. She is starting to slip on the floors. She does the splits when she eats. Her bowls are raised and I clip her feet. I tried leaving her hair on her feet but it made nop differece. I am wondering if anyone knows if I can get anything for her feet so she won't slip. I have seen something in a magazine before and it was like treads that go on her feet. I can't find them now.
Thanks. Here is a picture of her last Saturday.
Funny you should ask about these! I just got the catalog yesterday for smart pak and http://www.smartpakcanine.com/productclass.aspx?productClassid=6035 here they are! This is what you are looking for right? Hope it helps. You may be able to find them cheaper elswhere as well since now you have the name of the product! Good Luck!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi yes that is the paw pads I was looking for.I am glad you like the picture, she loves the water. Thank you very much. Do you know where they are located? I am in Canada. I can try the show dog anti slip spray too. Thanks again.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
I have hardwood and vinyl flooring with area rugs. I have to feed my spoos on a rug. They are just young ones but they slip and slide on the floors too.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
She looks great! I cannot believe she is 14 years old! I hope you the paw pads or spray work for your girl!

·
Registered
646 Posts
I know there are some out there that look like balloons that are reusable over and over.
I also know neo-paws.com have some but again might be pricey unless you hit the discontinued stuff. They have a store in Toronto.
You would need to use rubber backed matts if going that route or the mats will slip an could be worse problems.

She is a doll and looks great for her age.
Good luck

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi, I decided to order the no slip spray. I have a non slip rug where she eats. I am going to get other mats to put throughout the house.
I can't find the paw pads near where I live. Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts