Poodle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All right. We know you are going to start driving Saturday :driver: to pick up your new adorable puppy, Zephyr.

It would be fun to see pictures of your trip going to get him, as well as all sorts of cute puppy pictures. Let me know if you have any suggestions on making the drive home more comfy.

I'm so excited for you! He is gorgeous.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hah! well the trip to get him won't be too fascinating, on the way to my parents (6 hours) i'll have a wolfhound mix, whippet, and ferret in my car. then the second part of the trip(about 3 hours) will just be me and my dad. But once I get him there WILL be pictures. many many.

I've never had a problem with dogs riding in cars really, they all know the routine. I'll ask his breeder how he did on her part of the trip and go from there. The only thing that I make sure of really is to give frequent potty breaks on a trip. Especially for the nervous ones. My last whippet, Twiggy, always had to go potty right before and right after the trip, no matter how short.

A coworker and I went to a poodle show today and it just made the wait even worse. I want him NOW.
but soon...soon...

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK. Seeing a Wolfhound Mix, Whippet, and Ferret together would be a good picture!

It sounds like you had a great time at the dog show. I don't think there are any in my area in the near future. I can imagine that made you even more anxious for your little guy.

Just figure. You get to spend time today getting ready for your trip instead of waiting around all day! LOL...unless you have the car packed already.

Have a safe trip.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Vega got car sick on the ride home and once or twice after but he's fine in the car now. I can't wait to see pics of Zephyr. I'll be at a wedding on Saturday but I can't wait to see pictures!!!

·
Registered
646 Posts
Drive safe no speeding tickets you have a lifetime to spend with your spoo.
Pic diary would be cool though of the different towns you go through.
Good luck to you and have a safe and HAPPY weekend getting your new pup

1 - 8 of 8 Posts