Poodle Forum banner

seminole-standard-poodles.com

6920 Views 28 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  Moeman1955
what you guys thing about seminole-standard-poodles.com.
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Registered
2,314 Posts
I would look elsewhere. Paypal is NEVER a good sign. It looks like there are 3 litters on the ground right now, doesn't seem to do anything (show, agility, obedience) with their dogs, no sign of health testing.
I'm sure other members can give you reputable breeder recommendations in or around your area.
Totally agreed, I was just thinking that yesterday! Paypal should be seen as another red flag when it comes to breeders.

· Premium Member
2,956 Posts
In today's electronic payment age, I don't think offering the option of PayPal is a bad thing, (maybe it just doesn't need to be so prominently displayed - reminds one too much of eBay). As a buyer, it is comforting to me if I can use PayPal as it can protect the parties in the transaction in case of any dispute (disputes which could be minimized or eliminated by simply selecting a breeder very carefully in the first place!!)

Technology has come a long way and PayPal is just one facet of that. JMHO!

· Registered
1,971 Posts
I don't see anything wrong w/ using paypal, but I don't think a breeder should advertise that they use it either. It seems like one of those things that should be discussed privately between the breeder and puppybuyer, like price.

· Poodle Named Moose
1,120 Posts
PayPal is like saying we accept visa, mc, check, mo, like it or not paypal is HUGE now offline and on.

It lets ppl who do not regularly process cards process them, etc... it's a way to say "look I can take your money".

Nothing special or bad about it IMHO.

· Premium Member
2,956 Posts
I don't see anything wrong w/ using paypal, but I don't think a breeder should advertise that they use it either. It seems like one of those things that should be discussed privately between the breeder and puppybuyer, like price.
IA! I think that all the "financial stuff" is best discussed privately (price, deposit, etc.) When I was doing my research for my own spoo baby, it kinda turned me off to see prices listed on websites underneath pictures of the babies (like someone else mentioned on another thread - akin to used car dealerships) and it was especially disconcerting when certain genders or colors were more expensive than others. When I ran across sites without prices, it gave me a chance to contact the breeder and ask pertinent questions and make that all important personal contact!!!

· Registered
2,314 Posts
I don't have a problem with Paypal as a payment method. It's when it's right there on the website featured prominently that I think it's a red flag.

IMO, the best breeders use their websites as a kind of "brag site", not as a puppy selling site. Usually you have to contact these breeders for information about their litters, etc. Discussion about payment and deposts (and paypal) doesn't come until the breeder is sure you're worthy of one of their precious pups.

· Registered
2,329 Posts
I don't have a problem with Paypal as a payment method. It's when it's right there on the website featured prominently that I think it's a red flag.

IMO, the best breeders use their websites as a kind of "brag site", not as a puppy selling site. Usually you have to contact these breeders for information about their litters, etc. Discussion about payment and deposts (and paypal) doesn't come until the breeder is sure you're worthy of one of their precious pups.
Precisely my thinking!

· Registered
1,971 Posts

Couldn't agree more! The breeder I like has one pic of the litter they produced last year and the rest are of their dogs. The ones they've shown and live with. I like that in a site.

· Registered
32 Posts
Seminole

I will keep this short and sweet. When I first got on this forum I was still so ticked off I was going to really bad mouth this breeder because I was mad. But time has passed and I will state FACTS as they relate to our experience.

My son purchased a dog from this breeder. We had issues from the moment we got home. He called and even emailed several time and NEVER got a response. We finally had to turn the dog over to a poodle rescue as we could not handle the dog. It broke our hearts to do it and we cried going home. We even called to try and get the dog back and give it one more try but it is their policy to not return the dog and as time passed I understood why. It took them over a year to place the dog.

Since then we have purchased two standard poodles from another breeder in Georgia and are very happy with Rossi and Lorenzo. I looked at the Seminole site just now and it appears there have been some issues with Facebook posts etc about them and an "investigation" is underway. Now there are good posts about this breeder too. But based on MY FAMILY's experience with this breeder I can not recommend her.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.