Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
I do not think that she tests her dogs? It looks like from her site that she breeds what ever to whatever. She breeds ****zus as well.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I would look elsewhere. Paypal is NEVER a good sign. It looks like there are 3 litters on the ground right now, doesn't seem to do anything (show, agility, obedience) with their dogs, no sign of health testing.
I'm sure other members can give you reputable breeder recommendations in or around your area.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do not think that she tests her dogs? It looks like from her site that she breeds what ever to whatever. She breeds ****zus as well.
I got AKC 4 Generation Pedigree for both DAM and Sire and also AKC registration certificate for both. Is this enough?.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
All dogs have a pedigree. A pedigree is simply a listing of the dogs in a family tree.

What do the dogs in the pedigree look like? Do they have conformation titles before their names or performance titles after their names?

What testing has been done on the breeding parents of the litter you are considering? Is there testing behind the breeding parents? You can verify this on www.offa.org.

Personally, if I were in the market for a puppy, I would want to get on a waitlist long before a litter was ever bred. I think the apple never falls far from the tree so I like to see how a dam behaves at home and then out in public. Can the owner take her bitch to the park and throw the ball for her? Can she take her out in a public setting and let strangers pet her. Is the bitch good with strange dogs?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All dogs have a pedigree. A pedigree is simply a listing of the dogs in a family tree.

What do the dogs in the pedigree look like? Do they have conformation titles before their names or performance titles after their names?

What testing has been done on the breeding parents of the litter you are considering? Is there testing behind the breeding parents? You can verify this on www.offa.org.

Personally, if I were in the market for a puppy, I would want to get on a waitlist long before a litter was ever bred. I think the apple never falls far from the tree so I like to see how a dam behaves at home and then out in public. Can the owner take her bitch to the park and throw the ball for her? Can she take her out in a public setting and let strangers pet her. Is the bitch good with strange dogs?

I was told that the parents are not old enough for OFA and this is the first litter.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
I was told that the parents are not old enough for OFA and this is the first litter.
Not old enough to test..... not old enough to breed.

Besides, there are other tests besides hips. Breeding dogs should be tested for the following:

Hips
Eyes
VWB (or clear by parentage)
SA
Thyroid
NE (or clear by parentage)
Cardio (maybe)
Degenerative Myelopathy (brand new)

Edited to say..... I also like to see older breeding pairs because then I have some idea if they are free of things we can't test for like Addisons, JRD, Epilepsy

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
This is a problem in the making :( Whomever sold this person FULL registration dogs was not very good at informing this person of what is right and what is wrong.... Shame on them ...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is a problem in the making :( Whomever sold this person FULL registration dogs was not very good at informing this person of what is right and what is wrong.... Shame on them ...
Can you elaborate?. Please feel free through in some scientific reason
- Das

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
But that's the thing.... the breeder who bred these dogs no doubt is the type where if you pay the extra fee, you get full registration.

Didn't you know that it is the price the buyer pays that determines whether or not a Poodle is breeding quality? :eek:hwell:

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Can you elaborate?. Please feel free through in some scientific reason
- Das
She is breeding untested dogs and producing high COI which in itself is a problem She has three breeding bitches right now with three litters on the ground and none of the parent is old enough. Is this a valid question ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
She is breeding untested dogs and producing high COI which in itself is a problem She has three breeding bitches right now with three litters on the ground and none of the parent is old enough. Is this a valid question ?
yes it is. CBRAND raised the same point . Ok my search for dark red male will continue.

And thanks all. very helpful and well done.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts