Poodle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i self diagnosed my little longhaired Chihuahua with Seborrhea (my ex vet tech sister confirms thats most likely what it is).
I would like to know if any of you have dealt with this? What you had to do to get rid of it? How long it took, etc?
I am using a vet shampoo for Seborrhea and its helping but i was wondering how long it takes to dissapear. I have bathed her three times in it in the last week.

Thanks in advance for any advise! I always like asking your guys advise since your all very knowledgable!

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Should i maybe switch her back to raw....shes been off it for maybe a month now...i believe the seborrhea was flea allergy induced so i did frontline on her a few days before her bath.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Arreau....yeah its so strange. Im now starting to think its could be because she might be hypo thyroid. I think a vet visit is in order. I dont like to see her being miserable and constantly wearing coats to prevent her from itching and licking herself. Poor thing! Ill keep ya posted though!

·
Registered
681 Posts
What kind of food is she getting? I would assume a good quality one, but we have cut out gluten (or nearly, when she doesn't steal scraps from my kids), and my dog's dermatitis has gotten much better. Between medicated shampoos, I have my groomer use an oatmeal shampoo for her also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts