Poodle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, This is my first time on the Poodle Forum. Thank you for letting me join in on many interesting discussions.
My family has had two wonderful Standards with our last one passing away a couple months ago. He was a Therapy Dog and wonderful with children. We cannot imagine our home without a poodle family member so...
We are diligently searching for an experienced breeder who equally puts health and early puppy stimulation/socializing as a priority. The first 9,10 or 12 weeks in a puppies life are very important. I realize confirmation is important as well but it seems quite challenging finding breeders who will take the extra time needed to prepare a puppy to join a new family.
We are patient and fully understand that we most likely need to be on a waiting list. We live in Virginia but are open to breeder recommendations from all states. I would very much appreciate the forum’s guidance as we continue our search. Thank you all.

·
Registered
474 Posts
If you do a search for poodle service dog breeders it will pop up quite a few who breed and train the pups. Good luck on your puppy hunting! 🍀 🍀 🍀

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Hi and Welcome!

There is a work in progress Breeder List being compiled from suggestions by PF members thru the years.

At this time, provable health testing is the main criteria to be added to the list, but there is reason to believe that breeders investing in health testing for their breeding dogs will also be investing other efforts to send out truly well bred poodles. With the understanding that health and temperament are priorities this list is a starting place to find a breeder with your other needs addressed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts