Poodle Forum banner

Searching for a correct front

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  MollyMuiMa 
#1 ·
One of the main things I will be looking for when I eventually breed Zoe is good front angulation. So far, I am not seen ANY miniature poodles with good fronts. Lack of front angulation seems to plague most breeds, in fact. I attribute this to the fact that when people stopped riding horses they forgot why good front angulation is important. (I used to have a horse with a rather straight front - his trot just shook my teeth out! And forget going down a steep incline with him - he had a terrible time with that.)

If anyone is aware of a black miniature male who has a better than average front angulation, I sure would like to know about him.

#3 ·
I don’t know minis at all but have seen some very nice black Danfour dogs do a lot of winning - they may be something to scout out, but I haven’t ever put my hands on them to feel bone structure. I agree, a good front is very important and something that almost all breeds struggle with!

#4 ·
A Heads Up on a Black mini males......
Richard Bohannon (AKC Judge) has two male pups available........ Black Miniatures Maybe he can help cuz he certainly has bred a lot of champions!

Reactions: Mfmst
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.