Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems to me that even with the advanced search function you can not search for phrases. Examples: "first aid kit" & "cordless dremel" doesn't seem to pick up that these are phrases.

Is there something I am missing? If not, can this feature be added. It would be very useful when trying to search for past threads.

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
Hi Searcher!

I just tried searching for cordless dremel, but I put it into the search box like this:

"cordless dremel"

and it brought up the phrase - if you use the quotation marks I think you might have better results!

Good luck!!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I do that, if I actually look at the posts themselves, what is in red (what you searched for) shows only dremel or cordless separately. This leads me to believe that it isn't searching as a phrase. I admit my assumptions could be wrong about how this works. Oftentimes how computers 'think' doesn't match with how I think.

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
I typed in:

cordless dremel

and got seven different threads - the thread all included the words cordless OR dremel

When I typed in:

"cordless dremel"

I got only three threads - each thread included the words cordless AND dremel. I know it's not perfect, but it might be better than not using the quotations??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts