Poodle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been poorly and I had to go to the vet instead of for a walk and i was up and down in the night being sick and I felt horrible! Mum has been giving me the special food in a can which is very nice, but she said No Treats, even now I am feeling better, just in case, and I think that is very, very Not Fair. So this morning she made some extra special ones just for me and they are lovely - she says they are some of the special canned food (gastric sensitivity diet) whizzed with water and rice flour then baked in the teeny tiny treat trays (dimpled silicon fat reducing mats). She has made hundreds, so there are even enough to share with Sophy.

Love Poppy xx

[Poppy is on Royal Canin gastro sensitivity canned food after a frightening few days of bloody diarrhoea and vomit - she is recovering fast, with a Perfect Poo this morning. I don't want to risk a set back by feeding her anything else, but she loves crunchy treats, so I improvised, it seems successfully! fjm]

·
Registered
222 Posts
They sound yummy, Poppy! Great idea your mum had, I might get mine to try something similar. Thanks for sharing, and glad you're feeling better. -Jessie

·
Registered
537 Posts
Glad you're feeling better, Poppy, and I like your new avatar.

Reactions: fjm

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Glad you’ve got a yummy new treat Poppy! Nothing worse than mums telling us we can’t have something delicious because of our tummies.

·
Premium Member
4,111 Posts
Poppy - sorry you had this tum upset but new treats are good. Your Mum is a sweetheart.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
So glad tummy is better. My cairn is also on a digestive care food, but if she eats the hard kibble it upsets her tummy so I have to soften it. She can't seem to tolerate anything crunchy, which stinks cause she loves crunchy. Glad you are feeling better!

·
Registered
12,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It has been many years since I fed mine just kibble, as Sophy went off each bag after a week or so and it was getting very expensive - these crispies are just treats or "sprinkles", a few bits that make canned food even more interesting. I am hoping that making them from the canned food with just a bit of extra rice (which is already an ingredient) will ensure no gastric
upsets!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Oh, great! I just was looking for some good homemade treats recipes.
Thank you for sharing. And it would be cool if someone will share more of them.

And warm regards to Poppy! Wish you be well.

·
Registered
12,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you do a search you will find lots of ideas for treats, Leonel. These are certainly some of the easiest I have made, though, and even the cats like them!

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you do a search you will find lots of ideas for treats, Leonel. These are certainly some of the easiest I have made, though, and even the cats like them!
My searching skills are not the worst but I use them rarely. Just lazily wandering around and picking things I like and appeared in front of my eyes randomly. ?

·
Registered
450 Posts
I have been poorly and I had to go to the vet instead of for a walk and i was up and down in the night being sick and I felt horrible! Mum has been giving me the special food in a can which is very nice, but she said No Treats, even now I am feeling better, just in case, and I think that is very, very Not Fair. So this morning she made some extra special ones just for me and they are lovely - she says they are some of the special canned food (gastric sensitivity diet) whizzed with water and rice flour then baked in the teeny tiny treat trays (dimpled silicon fat reducing mats). She has made hundreds, so there are even enough to share with Sophy.

Love Poppy xx

[Poppy is on Royal Canin gastro sensitivity canned food after a frightening few days of bloody diarrhoea and vomit - she is recovering fast, with a Perfect Poo this morning. I don't want to risk a set back by feeding her anything else, but she loves crunchy treats, so I improvised, it seems successfully! fjm]
So glad to hear that you are feeling better, Poppy. Love your letters

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There is one good thing about having a poorly tummy and that is the vet says you have to have lots and lots of meals! Not very big ones, but extra meals at lunchtime and bedtime, and they have been lovely. Mum did do something horrid that involved holding my mouth open and pushing nasty bits of stuff down my throat, but then she started giving me lovely big spoonfuls of delicious tinned food instead, and I like that much more! I have to be quick to gobble them up before Sophy gets a turn, though.

Poppy xx

[It has to be said that greed makes giving medication very much easier...! fjm]

·
Registered
450 Posts
There is one good thing about having a poorly tummy and that is the vet says you have to have lots and lots of meals! Not very big ones, but extra meals at lunchtime and bedtime, and they have been lovely. Mum did do something horrid that involved holding my mouth open and pushing nasty bits of stuff down my throat, but then she started giving me lovely big spoonfuls of delicious tinned food instead, and I like that much more! I have to be quick to gobble them up before Sophy gets a turn, though.

Poppy xx

[It has to be said that greed makes giving medication very much easier...! fjm]
Hahaha! Just imagining poor greedy Poppy scarfing down stuff just to deny it to Sophy.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts