Poodle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a cute picture of the two new best friends together..."Oscar," is
my husband's birthday present from me,not MINE!...Well early b-day
present his birthday is the 9th (tomorrow!) :)

...Scooter is fuzzy and so cute(r) :p

Attachments

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
*clears throat*
"Oh I wish I was an Oscar Myer Wiener..... " Oh come ON, you know you were thinking it!!

He is very Cute MM. My Scooter IS fuzzy :) I love it. Hope all the dogs are doing well with the baby.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Very cute little Oscar. I like this breed as my grandparents have a little girl that looks just like Oscar named Dream. How are your other poodle babies doing? Do you still have the two white minis? And didn't hubby get you a different breed a few months back? We need a new picture of your whole crew! :) How are all the pups doing with the baby? Fun times at your house!

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very cute little Oscar. I like this breed as my grandparents have a little girl that looks just like Oscar named Dream. How are your other poodle babies doing? Do you still have the two white minis? And didn't hubby get you a different breed a few months back? We need a new picture of your whole crew! :) How are all the pups doing with the baby? Fun times at your house!
Weenies aren't my favorite breed, but hubby deserved a dog too I
guess, lol. Scooter is fine, I don't have my minis anymore I re-homed
them awhile back for causing trouble and for behavior being older dogs
set in their ways...knocking over trash cans, eating garbage, using it in
the house no matter how much I took them out and with a new baby
that wasn't going to work, I do miss Rocks though but he went to a
lovely home with kids and lots of love. Only dogs we have now are
Scooter and the wiener. It seems like every dog I get something
goes wrong...causes trouble, not socialized, something...and it
just doesn't work out *sigh* :(

...But Scooter is here to stay forever. :p

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Cute pic. I probably woud never own a Dachsund (sp) but I do think they are very cute and I love the feel of there coat. Is hubby's going to be a full size one? I don't no the sizes of Dachsunds but I thought there is a full size and a mini size right?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Was the little cairn a total handful? (I think I'm remembering that you had that breed for a little while, right?) I think they are cute as buttons but I babysat a Westie (I know different breed but in the same family I think) and WOW was she high strung and barked all the time.
Sounds like you a have a nice little group then - pup for hubby, pup for you and sweet little girl to snuggle with.
(I understand how some dogs don't work out - I've had the same thing happen)

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Was the little cairn a total handful? (I think I'm remembering that you had that breed for a little while, right?) I think they are cute as buttons but I babysat a Westie (I know different breed but in the same family I think) and WOW was she high strung and barked all the time.
Sounds like you a have a nice little group then - pup for hubby, pup for you and sweet little girl to snuggle with.
(I understand how some dogs don't work out - I've had the same thing happen)
He was more than a handful and very unsocialized, liked to hide
under the bed all day, use the bathroom in the house, refused to
go outside, and to see him you actually had to catch him most
of the time...bad breeders, but he went to a nice home with
someone who had more patience than I did and time to work
with him. But he was totally adorable, wish it would've worked
out. :(

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Weenies aren't my favorite breed, but hubby deserved a dog too I
guess, lol. Scooter is fine, I don't have my minis anymore I re-homed
them awhile back for causing trouble and for behavior being older dogs
set in their ways...knocking over trash cans, eating garbage, using it in
the house no matter how much I took them out and with a new baby
that wasn't going to work, I do miss Rocks though but he went to a
lovely home with kids and lots of love. Only dogs we have now are
Scooter and the wiener. It seems like every dog I get something
goes wrong...causes trouble, not socialized, something...and it
just doesn't work out *sigh* :(

...But Scooter is here to stay forever. :p
Not to be a total bitch but look at where your dogs came from, its no wonder you had problems! You went though 3 dogs in just a few months, you can't expect them to be perfect right off the bat.

I hope things work out for the Dachshund, I would hate to see him recycled like your other dogs.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Not to be a total bitch but look at where your dogs came from, its no wonder you had problems! You went though 3 dogs in just a few months, you can't expect them to be perfect right off the bat.

I hope things work out for the Dachshund, I would hate to see him recycled like your other dogs.
Edit: Sorry I came off the wrong way and sounded too rude. I know it looks
bad because I've went through three dogs in a few months, that is true
and two of them came from bad places, and ALL three being older dogs
not small puppies so they were set in their ways, I know it looks bad
on my behalf but I really did want them, the only one I did re home off
the bat was the cairn, the poodles I kept for a bit but the bad behavior
did not change and I was about to have a baby and they were kept
inside, Mr. Weenie stays outside so no problem there. All the dogs
were replaced into good homes, I made sure of it and keep in contact
with the ppl who owns them. ;)

For the record, with a new baby I'm not getting any more dogs
just going to focus on the ones I have now.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Edit: Sorry I came off the wrong way and sounded too rude. I know it looks
bad because I've went through three dogs in a few months, that is true
and two of them came from bad places, and ALL three being older dogs
not small puppies so they were set in their ways, I know it looks bad
on my behalf but I really did want them, the only one I did re home off
the bat was the cairn, the poodles I kept for a bit but the bad behavior
did not change and I was about to have a baby and they were kept
inside, Mr. Weenie stays outside so no problem there. All the dogs
were replaced into good homes, I made sure of it and keep in contact
with the ppl who owns them. ;)

For the record, with a new baby I'm not getting any more dogs
just going to focus on the ones I have now.
Awww, why does he stay outside?? He's just a baby right? Either way I hate hearing about dogs living outside...ecspecially when another lives inside. You've got to potty train him and make him the dog you want. Believe me, right now with the baby small is the time to do it. When the baby grow's and gets more mobile, needs more entertaining etc., thats when you wont have time.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Awww, why does he stay outside?? He's just a baby right? Either way I hate hearing about dogs living outside...ecspecially when another lives inside. You've got to potty train him and make him the dog you want. Believe me, right now with the baby small is the time to do it. When the baby grow's and gets more mobile, needs more entertaining etc., thats when you wont have time.
totally agree.....work on him now while the baby is well, a baby!!! lol also yu dont want this dog outside to get stuck in his ways!!! bring the guy inside!!!:tongue:

·
Registered
843 Posts
If you are planning to keep him he needs to feel like he is a part of the family...not being left outside.
Maybe with the new baby,you need to evaluate how much time and effort can go towards your pets.
Having a newborn can be overwhelming and naturally will and should be your priority.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The people I got him from had him outside and told me he prefers
being outside, but I will bring him in and start working on him, he's
really young so he should learn.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I personally have never seen a dog that wants to stay outside when its buddy is hanging out inside. Maybe on a nice day to do a little sun bathing but thats it.

Mercymoon,
I think you will be rewarded and have a good dog for years to come if he's trained young and learns your house rules. You certainly will have hard days with baby and puppy but it will pay off in the end. Also, since you now have a child, getting a puppy/dog accustom (sp) to the baby and baby behavior will be easier if the dogs are around the baby. The dogs will experience many things from a child (good and bad). If they are raised with the baby they will usually be more tolerant of children.

As much as I teach my kids to be gentle and respectful to our dogs/dogs in general, there are still time's when they get a little rotten (the kids). Thats when the training you have done with the dog pays off.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I personally have never seen a dog that wants to stay outside when its buddy is hanging out inside. Maybe on a nice day to do a little sun bathing but thats it.

Mercymoon,
I think you will be rewarded and have a good dog for years to come if he's trained young and learns your house rules. You certainly will have hard days with baby and puppy but it will pay off in the end. Also, since you now have a child, getting a puppy/dog accustom (sp) to the baby and baby behavior will be easier if the dogs are around the baby. The dogs will experience many things from a child (good and bad). If they are raised with the baby they will usually be more tolerant of children.

As much as I teach my kids to be gentle and respectful to our dogs/dogs in general, there are still time's when they get a little rotten (the kids). Thats when the training you have done with the dog pays off.
Thanks for the advice, Jenn. I'm going to keep him inside and start working
with him on training now.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Got a cute picture of the two new best friends together..."Oscar," is
my husband's birthday present from me,not MINE!...Well early b-day
present his birthday is the 9th (tomorrow!) :)

...Scooter is fuzzy and so cute(r) :p
Just too cute MM, love dachies :whoo:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts