Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you choose what kind of grooming scissors to buy? I've just been doing a bit of at home grooming and I realized that the awful utility scissors I've been using just aren't cutting it. :)
So what brands and types would you recommend for someone with a standard Poodle and very little experience in grooming her?
Also, how do you get their ears to look poofy instead of scraggly?

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
I like the gator convex shears with the offset handle for pet grooming. They fit really well into smaller hands and are very well balance and are not too expensive. Want to spend a little more money, go for Kenchi in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Some poodles, like mine, don't have a very thick coat, so have sort of flat looking ears. The only way I can make them look poofy is by washing them and blowdrying them straight. If they have a thick coat, just brushing them and keeping them in good conditions should be fine

·
Registered
196 Posts
I use the Monk sissors and they seem to cut the hair without moving it and they fit my hands good. If you happen to go to a dog show, there are usually lots of vendors. They should let you try the sissors to see if you like the way they feel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts