Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into getting a scissor lift trolley to convert into a grooming table. On a groomers forum I am on it seems you guys in the US are masters at this and quite a few of them use the scissor lift trolleys.

I was just wondering if any of the groomers in here use them and if so what weight and dimensions do you all have.

I have found one I think will do the job and would really like to order it today or tomorrow but I am hesitant to get it after my first table which I bought sight unseen ended up being quite a dud!

Any thoughts appreciated :smile:

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Well, best of luck with that Blue Fox, I cannot be of any help on converting a table.

I have used electric tables in the past and have just reccently placed an order with the first national bank of hubby for a new one by the end of the month but I don't know anything about converting an existing table with a scissor lift. The table I want is this one at ryan's Edemco® Millennium Platinum Electric Table
it has the up and down controls on the table itself rather than foot controls and the arm swivles to wherever you need it. This is the model I had used before and liked it.

What I can say is that once you have an electric table it just about kills you do use anything else. I cannot wait to get a new one for use in my new shop. I'm counting the days!

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HA HA this is not electric it's just your good old foot pump type. The one I have now is a pump up hydraulic too but it was supposedly specifically for grooming and large dogs at that. I can't even put a heavy shih on the table without it shaking so hard it scares me and the dog - useless *&^% table. It wasn't cheap either, mid range I suppose you'd say.

I see alot of groomers on the groomers.net forum convert these ones which are used for manual handling around workshops and the like. Anyway it ended up being a little more expensive than I had hoped, with freight it's gunna come out around $850, plus I want a grooming frame and all the various harnesses to go on it for another $550 so I'm going to gently run it past my first national bank of hubby tonight too and see if he throws himself screaming on the floor :rofl:

I really can't work on the one I have got, I end up leaning my hip against the edge of the table to steady it. The table I have for big dogs which really only has my poo and the GSD on it cause it doesn't have a frame or arm so I can't chance anyone elses dogs on it, is too high really for big dogs. I had a hard time clipping T's back the other day cause I had to stand on tiptoes to see what I was doing.

NOPE it's just not on. Might have to start grooming after work as well as weekends to pay for the thing but I really think I need to have it :smile:

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Oh, thats not good if it's unstable. I don't think I could deal with that. The table I have now is a bit tall for me when I put larger dogs on it too. I'm a little on the short side though, so that might have something to do with it. I have a big Spoo that I have to either take down off the table and stand on the floor or get the step stool out and stand on that in order to scissor his topknot and neckline. It's a bit of a pain and I really miss being able to lower and raise the tables. If the table isn't to high for me then half the time I find myself bending over because with a really little dog the table is to low. Arrggg!! LoL.
Hubby is already shopping for a table, he didn't mind the extra expense at all. Weird for him. Of course I did mention that I could not possibly get pregnate and keep my job without one. Soooo I could either not have children or quite work for a year (or more) when the time comes. He wants kids badly, but he also has gotten used to my income going a long way in making us comfortable sooooo he's gonna spring for the electric table so he can have his cake and eat it too :)

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have an overweight cocker coming in this weekend and I don't know what I'm going to do with it. It will be way too heavy for the small dog table and way too short for the big dog table :banghead:

If I order this scissor lift table it'll be here on Friday but I won't have the frame by then and I need to figure out some sort of non-slip top for it too cause the table tops are just metal.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
What about a rubber bathmat?? They even make them with little suction cups on the bottoms to hold them in place. It wouldn't have to cover the entire table perfectly, just be enough for the dog to stand on without slipping. They are also simple enough to remove and throw away if needed or soak in disinfectant for cleaning.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I think I will get a bath mat for a temporary fix so I can use the table, but I would like something which can be fixed permanently to the table. Think I'm tending towards marine carpet, it is non-slip and very short pile with a rubber backing which can be stuck to the table, just need to find some now!

I have spoken with the bank and he didn't burst into tears or fall screaming to the floor so tomorrow I am going to order it. Should be freighted here by Friday, I am going to wait to order the frame until it gets here so I can see how it will be attached before I order it in case it needs to be customised.

Cool should be able to lift a malamute I have on Saturday into the bath even if I can't actually groom her on the table.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I order it today and found some carpet type stuff which is for wet area use to glue to the top so it's all go here. Can't wait till it turns up but I am more looking forward to the grooming frame. Had a wriggly shih x the other day which I would have loved to have been able to hang in a hammock so I could do her legs and clip nails. Hope this frame and the various slings and hammocks I have bought work as well as others say, I'm going to be very disappointed otherwise :smile:

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Found out yesterday it's a mustard/yellow colour - hmm sounds just gorgeous NOT!
Anyway I can't spend anymore money getting the thing painted so will just have to put up with the colour for the time being.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Oh thats lovely. Can't wait to see pictures lol

Still though, color aside, I think you are going to love not having to lift dogs so far up to get them on the table.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts