Poodle Forum banner

Scarlet's Fancy Poodles? Red toy poodle breeder?

31K views 36 replies 22 participants last post by  Johanna 
Quality really falls off a cliff with Toy poodles. And red is a popular color, so it attracts the junky breeders. For those reasons, I would stick with local poodle club referrals and contact the PCA referral person (Mary Olund) referenced in the other thread.

Without even looking at the website, what you want to see on a website is:

Registered names and evidence that the breeder is doing something with her breeding stock (showing and/or performance).

Proof of testing (OFA links)

Pictures of adults and lists of their accomplishments. Few pictures of puppies, and NO pictures of very young puppies posed and listed for sale.

A good breeder showcases her overall breeding program on a website, not individual puppies for sale.
This is an excellent point and I think a very good screening tool. A website should make the attributes of the program clear rather than listing puppy inventory.

Reactions: Minie and lizabultu
Toy poodles are not my type, but I do recall that people have said great things about Gail. I would say you have found the person from whom to get your pup.

Reactions: Minie
Oh yes, pictures for sure! Congratulations.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.