Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please say a prayer for two of my three dogs. We do not let them run loose outside of the yard, but they got out of the yard today and went for a run this morning. I called home about an hour ago and they were not back yet. We live way out in the country, so there are a lot of open fields, pastures, cattle and such for them to visit and hide in. (They are a pyr and golden - adult neutered males). I am fighting back tears at work now as I type. Pease say a little prayer for their safe return home. My poodle puppy Cash was inside when they escaped, so he is safe at home.
Thank you.

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
Prayers sent!!! I know how you feel, unbenownst to us, the cable repairman left the gate open to our backyard a few weeks ago. My two big dogs stayed in the yard but my 8 year old dachshund decided to take a tour of the neighborhood. I live in town with big cars driving down streets where a little wiener dog would be hard to see until it was too late. Thank GOD, Juliet didn't get too far and we had her back, safe and sound, before too long - praying for the same result for you!!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
My prayers are with you. It's very scary not knowing where they are. They are smart dogs and will be able to recognize their way home. With them being bigger breeds, they can defend themselves too. Prayers to bring them home safe and soon.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I will certainly keep you in my thoughts. I hope they return home safe and soon.

Please keep us posted.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Prayer is on the way. I am so sorry, that is one of the scariest feelings ever. I hope they are back safe with you soon.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you SO much for all your positive thoughts and prayers. Just talked to my husband and both dogs are home safe. Coverd in burrs, but home and safe. Thank you again very very much!:)

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Phew thank goodness, thanks for letting us know! Glad to hear they're both safe and sound. It's times like this you wish they could talk so they could tell you what they've been up to. :)

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Glad to hear this all worked out well! I know how scared you were. My little girl, Chantel, got lost in the woods two weeks ago. All the poodles (mine and spoospirits) were outside playing at spoospirit's house and Billy & Grace decided to take their own walk in the woods (we live way out in the woods) for the first time ever. I was at work and my sister called to tell me Billy and Grace had taken off for a "walk" and had taken Chantel, who at that time was 13 weeks old, with them and they didn't know which direction they went in. Well, as I expected and feared would happen, Billy and Grace came back 2 hours later without Chantel. Chantel being so young, I figured would either not be able to keep up with them or would get too tired. I was at work and could do nothing which was a horrible feeling, all I wanted to do was leave and go out looking while it was daylight. They searched and called and searched for her but couldn't find her. I work till 9 pm so I got home at 9:45 and went out with a flashlight into the woods looking and calling. I was devastated. I hardly slept that night and got up early the next morning hoping to hear that she had come out of the woods. But she had not. I went out looking for her again then I called every police station, animal shelter, etc. all around our area and let them know in case someone found her and called. I called the papers to put in a lost add and made posters to put up in the county stores around in our small towns. For three days I had to go to work and fret (and cry) knowing she was out in the woods alone and maybe dead. I went out searching before work and my brother-in-law spent hours out on the trails on his four wheeler looking for her each day. On the fourth day, at 7:30 in the morning I got a call from the people who live in the house up the road from my sister's (the very last house on the road, the government forest is all around them), she had finally found her way out of the woods and was on his porch. I almost fell apart with happiness, I couldn't dress fast enough and get up there to get her!!! I was crying with happiness as my brother-in-law, who had also been called by his neighbor and gone up immediately, handed her to me. I could not believe I got her back alive. She was pretty thin but otherwise in fine shape and she was just soooo happy to be back home, she wouldn't leave my side that day. She slept in my lap for some time and I just kept starring at her thinking how lucky I was. I fed her multiple very small meals that day so as not to overload her stomach after being empty for so long. It was the worst - and longest - four days I have ever had.

So, yeah, I completely understand your fear, concern and tears. I am so very glad that your situation turned out to be fine... well, except for all the burrs.. lol!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Ditto! Those were four really horrible days that, fortunately, had a happy ending. I'm so happy for you that your dogs were found early on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts