Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday mornings are all about E/I shows. (Educational/Informational). Although made for kids, I do enjoy watching them. It’s a great way to wind down after working overnight.

So a little backstory...
For the past 25 years I have had my furniture, despite different sets over the years, has always been arranged much in the same way. About 3 weeks ago I did a drastic overhaul and moved EVERYTHING! With this setup there are 2 recliners on a wall facing the tv.

As a result, Stella has been laying on the other chair.

This morning a show came on called, “Best friends furever”. Suddenly I had company to watch with me. I must admit I watched Stella more than the tv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
That is just too cute!!

I also watch some of those shows on Saturday when I am able to. Usually I will watch Lucky Dog and Vets Saving Pets. Neither of my dogs, though, pay any attention to dogs on television! Gracie, my parents' dog, was the only dog we recently had in the family that would instantly run to the TV if she saw a cat or dog. Even if the sound wasn't on, she usually would recognize it. She usually only barked, so she wasn't as animated as Stella!

I tried to get Miracle and Jasper to look at dogs on my computer screen a while back, but they only looked toward the direction of the speakers when the dogs in the video barked.

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol! The sound doesn’t have to be on here either. Now that she can see the tv from anywhere she regularly checks to see what’s on. Middle of the night she goes wild over Lassie... can’t watch that any more .

I had a chi that only noticed coyotes. No dogs, cats, wolves,hyenas or anything that looked like a dog. I don’t know how he knew, but sound or no sound he was glued to the tv. Isn’t it funny how they can be? Even cartoon animals get Stella going.

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
How cute is that!? She's really into it...looks like she's trying to get up higher to see better. She needs a booster chair. lol.

Maurice will sort of growl/ bark sometimes at any animal on tv. Matisse doesn't pay much attention...he is so smart, he just knows it's not for real, but on the tv and goes back to sleep. lol.

Thanks for sharing that cute video.

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol. Zeke used to do that too, but never showed anything for the tv either. Sometimes he still barks at himself in the glass. Interesting that Stella doesn’t.

scooterscout99: what an adorable picture! Yours is big enough to look at the screen!

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
Barking at TV - only happens when they are showing the Thin Man movies- and Asta hears his name - goes up to the tv and and trys to lick it.We have to be diligent when we are watching Thin Man movies.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Saturday mornings are all about E/I shows. (Educational/Informational). Although made for kids, I do enjoy watching them. It’s a great way to wind down after working overnight.

So a little backstory...
For the past 25 years I have had my furniture, despite different sets over the years, has always been arranged much in the same way. About 3 weeks ago I did a drastic overhaul and moved EVERYTHING! With this setup there are 2 recliners on a wall facing the tv.

As a result, Stella has been laying on the other chair.

This morning a show came on called, “Best friends furever”. Suddenly I had company to watch with me. I must admit I watched Stella more than the tv.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EjOpjJvRLWE

This is so sweet! I wish I had a dog that would watch TV with me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts