Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dianne made sating balls to help Grace since she is a very picky eater and she wants to get some weight on her and improve her coat. She ate it well at first and then started refusing it. She thinks it has something to do with using Total cereal as it is fortified with iron and other things. She thinks it is the taste of it that she doesn't like. What other cereal could be used to make this recipe that would be more palpable to the dogs?

The reason I am asking this question is that I am considering making some for my dogs and don't want to make a big batch with a cereal they don't like the taste of.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
It would be my guess that she is just being picky again. We had that trouble with Wonder it was a real pain to keep her in good enough weight to show.

You might try a different brand of the same thing, off brand total?? I don't know what that would be since I don't eat ceral anymore. Ugh, once you puke lucky charms ceral of any kind loses it's appeal LoL. Is she eating anything other than the balls or is that now making up her entire diet? If she's still eating some dog food you would thnk that you could leave the total out completely and she'd still be covered. It may or may not work as well, but who knows? I know a lot of people who make different variations of what you guys are doing but I've never paid any attention to any of their recipes. I never had been compelled to make them myself.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
ugh, yeah, I thought I would try them on Paris too, cos she's a picky eater and skinny, but after the second day she turned up her nose at them totally, so I'm glad I only made up a small batch! lol. But I've found that's just Paris really, and she does best on a largely meat diet, as it's the only thing she'll consistantly eat (most) of. lol

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I'll ask my mom for her recipe in the AM. We had a very picky eater on our hands, and when it came close to when she passed, she wouldn't eat anything, really. Minus pulled pork and satin balls.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts