Poodle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know poodles are a versatile breed, and I have no doubt there are some search and rescue poodles out there somewhere, but was wondering if anyone here has a SAR poodle or has been involved with SAR in the past.

I had planned on working with Mitch to get him certified as a therapy dog, and I will pursue that avenue in the next few years, but at the moment, I'm thinking he'd be better suited to search and rescue.

Any tips on getting started??

·
Registered
478 Posts
My mom has a certified border collie. She is now retired, but she was mission ready for several years. She has now written a children's book about her. Anyway, she trained her alone from the SAR Dog book. Not sure if that is exactly what it's called but she would be glad to help you out. She is affiliated with TASK Team in TX, though she now lives in GA. She teaches at some of the SAR seminars, and knows of teams that you could train with all over the country. I am getting a S'poo pup and had been thinking of starting SAR with him. Her name is Paula Abney. Her email is on the book website below. Good luck!!!

[email protected]
www.faithinfay.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts