Poodle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,153 Posts
Nice groom. I love her oversized fluffy tail.

Reactions: Mel

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
It's been awhile since I've seen her and she looks lovely.......with or without her hair LOL! I never thought I'd see her in a miami!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The last time I cut her body down I didn’t do such a good job :ahhhhh: ( but I did it so she could go swimming in the pool more often. One of her poofs was so much lower than the other so I brought the other one down to match even though it would look better higher. I will grow both back out at the same time. I think that it helped that I got the grooming table out and used it instead of doing it with her in the floor.

I couldn’t bring myself to cut to much off her neck or tail. I wished Sandy had a topknot hair that stood up but hers is floppy and unless I put it in a rubber band it just flops down giving her a flat head . Bands don’t stay very long in her hair.

Now I’m tempted to dye her pink ..

·
Premium Member
22,972 Posts
You did a lot of good work there and your bracelets look nice and even, but there are a couple of things I don't love (however feel free to disagree with me). I think she looks unbalanced with that saddle of hair across her shoulders. It takes away from the graceful neck that poodles have. Also her front end and her back end are out of balance. I would either shorten up the tail significantly or make a commitment to growing her TK. Little girl hair scrunchies are a great way to keep a longer TK for a dog with a finer coat (like Lily also has). I almost always do grooms that are variations of traditional cuts, so it isn't that I don't like some creative styling, but I like to do clips that show the balance and fitness of the dog.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I may grow out her topknot out again at some point but it really is a pain. She constantly takes out her bands. I haven’t tried kids hair bands other than the tiny rubber band type. They slip out pretty easy. I will have to wait until after her December stay at the sitters though. The topknot is shorter than her hair on her neck/ shoulders so she really is unbalanced so I don’t disagree with you there. I mostly left it because my kids like her fluff when they snuggle with her. I’ve thought of making it more narrow stip more like a pony doodle but leaving the ears long. I’m still growing her ears back out from the last time I decided I wanted shorter ears. It takes a long time for them to grow back.

With winter coming up I may grow out the body.. not really sure at this point. We don’t get really cold here.

·
Premium Member
22,972 Posts
The nice thing about all of it is that it is hair and it grows and is easily restyled when wanted/needed. Although girl hair scrunchies tend to come out easily they don't rip a lot of hair when they do.

Reactions: Streetcar

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Cutie :). She looks very happy with her groom. After reading others here, you could band her topknot, but I do understand. When Oliver's topknot was seven inches long, banding worked great. With it 2 or so inches, it's harder, and he is expert at removing bands of various types. Sympathy. Even though bands allow him to see better...sigh.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts