Poodle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I hadn't had a chance to post this brag . . but a couple of weeks ago Samantha got her TDI certification for both my wife and I as handlers. There were kids, walkers, dogs, people, noise at this vets clinic in League City Texas that had a 'pet day'. She had a great time . . . We're a little slow getting the medical and picture info . . but we'll have it sent in soon so we can start visiting by the beginning of summer. If you look at my pictures, you'll see she's the one with the Cow Halloween costume. She doesn't seem too enthused about dressing up . . .
She sailed through the test which involved sits, heel, stays, recall (we were told she was the best all day on that one), medical equipment, friendly dogs etc etc. No prob with all of it . . . .great stuff!

Mark, Jamie and The Poodle Gangsters!:call-me:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Congratulations!!
Poodles make great Therapy Dogs! I'm going to have my third poodle certified for therapy work at the end of the month. I always say that therapy dog work is a win-win-win situation. The patient loves it, the dog loves it and the handler loves it! What else could be more rewarding!
Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Huge congrats to you and your dog. What a wonderful way to represent the breed and show that they can fill in not only as amazing show dogs but excellent in other areas as well. Good for you!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
What a great accomplishment! And what a wonderful gift for the community! I have a friend in a Rehab. hospital following hip replacement surgery and know she would love, love, love to be around a therapy dog. Would ease the pain of being away from her own dog and would definitely bring smiles to her face.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
How ironic that I posted yesterday morning about my friend in the Rehab. hospital who would love to see a therapy dog and when I went to visit yesterday afternoon, voila, there was a therapy dog. A beautiful cocker spaniel, a rescue, bringing smiles and laughter to patients. My friend just loved seeing him. It gave her such a lift right in the middle of an exhausting therapy session. She continued to talk about him after she went back to her room. Her roommate said he cuddled with her in her bed, and her granddaughter got a picture of them together.

I spoke with the owner about the TDI program, and she gave me a card with information on TDI training and her phone number if I had other questions. I definitely would like to pursue this. Please keep us posted on your visits once they begin with pics, too, if possible!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts