Poodle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I got him from a local breeder of partis. He is very smart and is learning so quickly!
I am wondering how big he will be full-grown...the breeder said maybe 75 pounds. His parents are medium-to-large sized. He weighs 18 lbs right now. Or can you get an idea by measuring his current height? I am just curious : )

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
So sweet! Yeah 18lbs is a little on the bigger side, I think :) - compared to what Olie and Suri weighed and they are 45 and 51 lbs now.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Your "little" guy is adorable - I love phantoms! And yeah, I think your breeder is probably close on his eventual size, although you can never tell....S'Murphy was 14 lbs at 8 weeks, and gained about 2lbs per week until he "topped" out at 72lbs, about 28.5 inches tall (so far). He turned one year old March 3rd. I've been told he could have another couple of growing spurts left until he's around 2. He was tied for runt of the litter at 11 oz when he was born. He's an adorable puppy, who is still discovering every day where his feet are!

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
he's cute - did you ever notice that spoo puppies have older looking faces> I noticed that with Ginger when she was a pup and have noticed other times looking at puppies on the forum.. Guess they are so smart that they look "older" lol

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
he's cute - did you ever notice that spoo puppies have older looking faces> I noticed that with Ginger when she was a pup and have noticed other times looking at puppies on the forum.. Guess they are so smart that they look "older" lol
With those light eyebrows, he reminds me of my grandpa! :rofl:

·
Registered
781 Posts
he's beautiful!! best of luck to all of you. re: his size, you can tell, most of the time, from the size of the parents and grandparents. from what you've said, i say, get the saddle ready !! lol

·
Registered
362 Posts
Nice looking Phantom. I have a parti poodle. It is hard to find a nice looking phantom in my area.
Congatulations.
Post a lot of pictures as he grows.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks everyone, he is quite a character and we are enjoying getting to know him :)
His breeder still has one of his brothers left, but with not quite defined colors...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts