Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I got more than I bargined for with Saleenie Beanie. I swear, she will eat ANYTHING. She'll also go to extreme lengths to get something tasty. Whats especialy annoying is that at the moment I can't eat much of anything LoL. Morning sickness wouldn't be my diet plan of choice but hey I lost a whole 10 pounds this month.... I bet if I stopped taking my medication I would have doubled that. I don't much care to spend the day curled up on the bathroom floor though so I'll take the pill :p

So lately I've been eating weird foods, not the normal healthy-ish diet that I try and stick to. Already Saleen adores carrots and had been jumping the fence and stealing tomatoes out of the garden. She will eat the strangest things though. Things my other dog's wouldn't consider eating in a million years. Candy for one, my little dogs may see you eating something like skittles and beg for a few minutes but if you actualy give them one they don't seem to know what to do with it. Not Saleen.... she will honestly eat just about anything.

In the last few weeks Saleen has expanded her list of favorite foods to include;
Marshmellows
Jelly beans
Gummy bears
Grapes (which NOOOO she isn't allowed to have but she stole while I was getting my lunch ready for work)
Whole apples - she got caught sneaking them out of the fruit bowl and chowing down in the middle of the living room. I have never seen a dog try and eat an apple whole but she did it.
M&M's with peanuts - again she stole a couple of those, she isn't allowed chocolate normaly.
Dill pickles- I still cannot believe she ate a pickle and then came begging for more.

I would have to say of the entire list Jelly Belly Jelly Beans are her most favorite. She will do anything for them, it's crazy. She's never full either, I think she would eat until she exloded if we let her. It isn't like she isn't on a good food and gets plenty of it. She just loves to snack I guess Haha. I keep telling her to watch it or she'll loose her stylish figure. I just thank the dog gods that she doesn't seem interested in eating things that could result in unleasent vet visits, surgery, or serious illness. She also seems to have an iron stomach, not much bothers her digestive wise. She does sadly enough still have a gas problem. I tried the taste of the wild food but didn't like it so I switched her back to blue. She doesn't spring a leak nearly as often as before and it isn't nearly as stinky but well it's still loud and noticeable lol. Haha, wonder if gummy bears can give you gas?

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Haha - Robin, my whippet is the same way. He has an amazing sweet tooth! He loves skittles and jelly beans and anything sweet.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha - Robin, my whippet is the same way. He has an amazing sweet tooth! He loves skittles and jelly beans and anything sweet.
Omg, that reminds me, the whippet I co-owned used to eat grapes, but I think he wanted you to peel them first. Maybe finghin remeber's better than I do lol. I do remember some interesting items eaten on a two week trip to Canada lol.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I have to admit - Robin loves grapes too. When I owned my first house and he was quite a bit younger (he's 11 1/2 now) my neighbor grew grapes on the fence between our houses (this was before the whole grape/dog scare) and Robin would stand next to the fence and eat tons of grapes. They never made him sick. You could always tell which poops were his though - the grapes had seeds! :biggrin:

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
That's so funny! Do you think she would eat a lemon? Catch her lemon face on camera!

My cat is the complete opposite, he will ONLY eat his dry cat food, he won't eat raw meat, drink milk, or eat any sort of sliced ham or meat. He will rarely taste a bit of beef jerky, but other then that he won't have any of it.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's so funny! Do you think she would eat a lemon? Catch her lemon face on camera!

My cat is the complete opposite, he will ONLY eat his dry cat food, he won't eat raw meat, drink milk, or eat any sort of sliced ham or meat. He will rarely taste a bit of beef jerky, but other then that he won't have any of it.

My little white kitty is the same, only cat food, and the occasional bit of tuna will pass her lips. She simply refuses to touch anything else. The other cat we have on the other hand is a little porker and will go as far as to try and smack food off your fork and steal it. For a long while we had to put her in the bathroom during dinner time. She's better about it now but occasionaly she'll give that a try.

I am SOO gonna give Saleen a piece of lemon! Just let me charge up my camera first and I'll report back. LoL I know she'll eat lemon drops...

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
My poodles will EAT anything, they love saurkraut and turnip greens and fruit...you name it!

The only thing they will not eat is Octopus, we bought some once to try and it was so gross even a dog wouldn't touch it!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Billy will eat anything that a dog should eat (kibble, raw meats, yogurt, eggs, etc.) but rarely will touch anything that is considered human food. On the other hand, little miss Taffy will eat anything that isn't nailed down!! She is such a little piggy. I have to make sure that nothing is left out in her reach.

We had a campfire about a month ago and the dogs joined us. My grandchildren were cooking marshmallows. One of them asked me if Taffy could have one. I said sure let her try it, she'll eat anything! Well, it was kind of dark and no one noticed at first but it finally became apparent that something was wrong with Taffy. In the light of the fire I could see that she had put one of her canine teeth right through the middle of the marshmallow and there it was, stuck on it! It was so funny! :rofl: We helped her get it off after we stopped laughing and she ate it.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
OMG!!! Too bad you didn't have the camera. You could rename her to Big Fang. Question is.....does she like Taffy?

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh god, spoospirt what I wouldnt give to have seen a picture of that!!

That would be right up there with Saleen running through the yard this afternoon holding her waterbowl. Sadly for her she was holding in a way that had it flipped up so she couldn't really see the tree..... ROFL. Thankfuly she wasn't going very fast and she just sort of bumped it lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts