Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In case people didn't see it in the original post I made..

i'm not finished scissoring yet, i was in a hurry today at work and this is all I had time to do. I'll work on it more maybe tomorrow..i'm pooped for now.

I also received an isle of dogs sample pack at work today..tried some of the stuff on Sagan when I gave him a bath..it's fantastic. We may end up ordering quite a few things.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
his hair is just now getting to where i can tie it up..but he has a few stray hairs that don't quite make it yet.

I wish I had someone else helping me take his picture. He doesn't quite know "stay" yet and after having to be still for what probably seemed like forever on a grooming table he just wanted to run around.

Sorry for the bad angle..it's just really hard to make him be still and take a picture at the same time!

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
I want a white poodle.... :eek:hwell: I guess the powers that be figured it would be a waste to grant me a real white dog lol so I had to settle for creme :p Gosh, it killed me while Zeph was here to see him next to Jazz. He made her look downright apricot. Scary. It was soooo tempting to add a color but I didn't dare. Mel would have killed me, she had big plans for him I think color wise.
He is sooooooo pretty!

·
Registered
478 Posts
I love his color. He is very handsome in his new hair cut. I'm still playing with Glader's puppy cut. I've never done one before. Your pic gives me some pointers. Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Oh man
OH MAN
<3
Sagan is absolutely stunning, you did a wonderful job with him. Love his little tied up tk too... ahh, he's the cutest!

·
Registered
575 Posts
BUUUUUUUU-TI-FULLLLLLLLLLL! He's a real LOOKER :) It's so hard to be patient enough to let the TK grow out, errrr I can never quite make it

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
my sister has a white spoo puppy and she's stunning.

maybe tomorrow you can grab another pic of him? i'd lvoe to see more!

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
ohh, looking GOOD! I'd possibly take it a little shorter ontop of his rear to make a more definite line to the jacket (rather than it blending up) but he's standing silly so it could just be that!!! I generally try get a photo of Paris on the table, cos she stands still there and I can toss something to the side to make her look away from me! LOL!

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thanks FD!

I actually ended up using a 4 on his back to kind of set the pattern. I was afraid to go any shorter but i might try it. My clippers kinda died on me though so i'm going to mess with it again today.

I picked up some Wahl Switchblade clippers so hopefully this will work for the time being!

Also, i've never had to really scissor spoo puppy coat before..on Vega I just let it grow until his adult coat and then I gave him a haircut. It's a pain to scissor compared to the adult coat..seems to never be even enough, or maybe it's just me but it seemed difficult to do a good scissoring job.

·
Registered
109 Posts
He really is a handsome boy! What a joy he must be. I so jealous of topnot. I am really really really trying not to touch Pearls. I must say most days I am so tempted because I want to see her face!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It wont let me make Pearls pictures bigger! It looks like she has a nice start of a topknot though.

Also, I've seen other people do this..and I think Fluffyspoos did it on Vegas for awhile..use hair clips to keep it out of their eyes until it will all fit into a rubberband.

I tried this with Sagan but he hated them. I might try again just to keep some of the shorter hairs out of his eyes when taking pictures or playing fetch.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Aiden, try using what's known as a scissoring spray when doing any soft coat scissoring. Not only for standard pups but many toys have very poor, soft coats as adults. You comb the hair UP, mist and repeat. It makes coat stand out just enought to clip evenly. Dogs such as little Atticus could get a perfectly EVEN, fluffed out groom.....even if he is soaring like Batman 5 minutes later.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks P2P, i'll look for something. I'm really enjoying the IOD products i've tried lately..

I tried this: Isle of Dogs 4Style Grooming Spray | PetAgree Grooming Supplies in a sample bottle from Isle of Dogs..and just ordered some today because I loved it so much. Would this work? I only used some when he was wet before blow drying..I didn't even think about using some while grooming. I know you can use it on wet or dry coats.

I used it on Sagan as well as this bichon that comes in with a horrible coat. I have never been able to get this bichon to fluff out really well and he looked fantastic after his bath and blow dry when using that stuff.

I really like the shampoo/conditioner as well and hoping our salon starts using some of the other products..but I liked the spray so much I decided to buy that myself!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
The better the shampoo, the cleaner the coat and skin,
The better the conditioner, the longer length you can leave the coat without taking out CHUNKS.
The longer you leave the coat, the more the dog looks like its supposed to and not like a "bald rat".
The longer and prettier the fur, the more style options you have. The prettier the groom, the more referrals you as the groomer will earn...So making MORE money means SPENDING a bit more money on better products.

Some dogs are so incredibly blessed with good genes, nothing can mess them up. Its the average, run of the mill dogs that need the BEST products to make them look great. That is why I don't use the "good stuff" on my dogs only....don't all my client dogs deserve to look their very best? If they look great all the time and I can demat better (because I have the best products) why would you choose a groomer who is cheap but shaves everything into the same ugly bald rat haircut?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I totally agree with Partial2Poodles about products. I also love alot of show seasons products. I love results rinse. I also like crown royal spray. I use these products on customer dogs as well as my own.

·
Registered
875 Posts
ok....whats your secret??? how is he SO white, i still have one of his brothers and one sister here and they are.... well they never look that white! :fish: he looks great!!! I wanna hug him again little stinker

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Sagan's breathtakingly handsome!!! Love seeing those dark eyes against his snow white coat. More, more, more pics, please!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts