Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, before every show I give Saffy a bath, still need to do F/F/T though...
later lol And shows are every 2 or 3 weeks, sometimes after each other, but I try and make sure she gets a bath maximum every 2 weeks, preferably 1 to 1 1/2 though

I compete in Junior Handling heats, so she has to look pretty!

Anyways, here are some pictures

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
SUCH a gorgeous girlie now!!!! So so so cute. I'm seriously jealous of you going to the show, I hate when I miss out going to them too!! lol

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wish I had a force dryer though! It would make it so much quicker and easier...
From 2 hours to less than 1/2!
Also, a better coat would help! I have just made a new record, 1 1/2 inches on her hocks!!!!!

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow she grows coat FAST! Check out that BLACK nose! lol She's looking good, Jak!
Haha, thanks, I'm loving her "black" nose lol...
I'm thinking of letting her topknot grow out long so I can tie it up ;)
It's just a matter of trying to find a trim that makes her look half decent with the type of coat she has.
I think though, when she goes to wondergroomer (FD) lol, in a couple of weeks, she'll have her bracelets merged into her legs, so she can have straight legs again.. I am thinking straight, and I would love to have them long again.. and short body..

Lol so much to think and plan about!!....

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I just love her, she's so pretty and looks all dainty (but looks like she could still kick your butt if she needed to, lol). Best of luck at the show!

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just love her, she's so pretty and looks all dainty (but looks like she could still kick your butt if she needed to, lol). Best of luck at the show!
Haha, she is soo soo dainty, perfect way to describe her.. She believes she is higher than others, she thinks her place is up on the couch with us, but she'll always pause first for approval. When I get her moving, she just floats around the ring....
....but in saying that, she can be a ferocious beast!!!! lol, just kidding..
but she will not tolerate a dog in her personal space (ie running around, jumping in her face, or getting right in there playing etc.) she is just not a playful dog.. But as she gets more confidence around them, she is happy to run along side other dogs, just not quite playing with them though.. very occasionally she will, and it is so lovely to see, as it shows me what she would've been like if her previous owners hadn't 'screwed up' her 'childhood' so to speak

But wherever she goes, people just adore her, because she will approach random people, and sit at their feet, and gently lean into them, looking up at them, with that cute puppy dog eye begging for pats... and people just cannot resist..
She is just generally a really nice dog to be around!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Wow....Saffy looks so fluffy. She is such a regal girl. Do you have diamonds ready for when she wins the show?

I think a tied up top knot would be absolutely stunning.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Saffy used to have a big tied-up topknot, but we cut it down while experimenting with other looks! lol. She's not actually entered in the show itself, so she cannot win it, but she will be the dog that Jak uses to win his junior handling class instead! hehehe

I got a txt from him earlier; he got the dog challenge with Duke their dobie, beating another dog to get it!!! I can't remember how many he has now, but it's all a step closer to his champion title!!! The girl dobies that were there got the breed and reserve of breed though. I haven't head any more updates so I don't think he got anything in group unfortunately!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts