Poodle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, thought I'd share this video! I'm not knowledgeable about this subject and found this it interesting.

And for fun, here's a link to a dog named Whisper, who accompanies his owner "on big wall climbs and wingsuit flights".

Super Moderator
That Kikopup video is very thought provoking. It's also very timely for me. I'm starting to work Galen on some of the harder tricks on the AKC trick dog list. I never taught Pogo and Snarky to "sit pretty", as I thought sitting up was too risky for their long backs. Galen is more compact than they were, and even he is struggling a bit. I think the test allows substitution of a head cock for sitting up, so I will probably shift my focus.

I also have some concerns about the wisdom of certain tricks. I have enough trouble keeping Galen out of trouble. Do I really want to teach him how to open doors and drawers?

Registered
The main reason neither Leo nor Lily will title above the Novice level with the International Dog Parkour Association is that some of their requirements for the higher levels are things that a) are something that their conformation isn't suited for and b) more risk than I feel comfortable with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts