Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today I got an email from the club holding the show and she informed me that the show might be canceled because not enough entries:(
Does anyone know people down my way ? let them know there is a show so they can enter May 9th and 10th

http://www.catahoulaleoparddog.org/Page1.htm

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
So cal ( los angeles ) its rare when a UKC show is this close
Karen Sisco is right in bakerfield and she has a co breeder close by as well. They do lots of UKC and maybe you can send her a email asking if she by chance will be attending the show. Thats a good way to meet a experienced breeder and have some Poodle company at the show if she does attend.

I hope it works out and they keep the show scheduled. What bad luck your having!!

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Oh, Roxy thats disapointing :( Fingers crossed for you girl!! I don't know anyone with poodles on the west coast that isn't already on this forum so I'm not help -sorry.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys I hope its not canceled ! I posted this event on 2 Pit bull forums hopefully some will join.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Ya, in the UKC the APBT was the first registered breed if I remember correctly. AKC also recognizes the Amstaff or American Staffordshire Terrier (akc version of the Pit Bull). No limitations showing bully's hear in the US and thank god for that!

What club is putting on this show your supposed to attend?

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ya, in the UKC the APBT was the first registered breed if I remember correctly. AKC also recognizes the Amstaff or American Staffordshire Terrier (akc version of the Pit Bull). No limitations showing bully's hear in the US and thank god for that!

What club is putting on this show your supposed to attend?
Yeah I agree I love how APBT are excepted in different registries.

The is club is CATAHOULA OWNERS, BREEDERS AND RESEARCH ASSOCIATION sorry for caps I just copied and pasted from UKC website lol

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Thats exactly what they want here. Pitbulls gone.

Alot of lovers of the breed have gone underground. There are many crosses around and more and more are getting pts. With alot of the eggheads that own there here expecting the macho dog, they have caused this to happen. Too many children, babies, elderly, other ppls pets have died for the pitbull or cross through these idiots that have owned them. So many ppl are fighting to keep them going.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts

Alot of lovers of the breed have gone underground. There are many crosses around and more and more are getting pts. With alot of the eggheads that own there here expecting the macho dog, they have caused this to happen. Too many children, babies, elderly, other ppls pets have died for the pitbull or cross through these idiots that have owned them. So many ppl are fighting to keep them going.
If its not the Pit Bull, it will be a rottie or dobbie. They will just go onto another breed and it will begin again from there. Outlawing a breed because what people train or let them do is stupid in my opinion. There are parts of Florida that have Pit bans and guess what, the new problem breed is now the rottie. What are they going to do now, ban rotties???

Its all quite sad. Sad for the breed and sad for the innocent people that have suffered or died.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
We don't have any issues really with Rottis and Dobes in this area, thankfuly. Actualy in my area of florida the "problem breeds" tend to be husky and husky mixes. I guess because people think they look like wolves they think they are all tuff. People are getting away from the PBT and are leaning towards the huskies. Right behind them is the german shep. I cringe when I see one come in because 9 out of 10 are agressive/crazy/nuerotic. A real shame, because they can be such nice dogs if they aren't owned by a bonehead :(

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
You are most certainly correct. As long as the politicians and other short sighted people continue banning breeds, the problem will just go from one breed to another. Several breeds have already been in a similar predicament, but at the time, I guess people had more sense than to ban the dogs. (I think the media is largely responsible for the popularity of breed bans.) I saw a news segment several years ago about the pit bull ban in in Baltimore (I think?). The ACO they interviewed said he had put more sweet, lovable pitties down than he could bare. He also said he was seeing a lot of problematic Presa Canarios and Cane Corsos, two breeds he had hardly heard of before the ban.

In my area GSDs are the ones you hear about attacking people. There has been a problem with "Pitbulls" being dumped out in the country and attacking livestock and pets. IMO, only a halfwit would blame that on the dogs, instead of the heartless people that left them for dead. Yet, blame them they do. People who see dogs as disposable and/or an extension of their ego, don't care what breeds they own (or are ruining).

·
Registered
1,972 Posts

I would've guessed that was their motive, by why start with the show dogs? I would think the show breeders would be more interested in temperment and finding responsible homes. Has a "Pit Bull" ever attacked at a show?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I would've guessed that was their motive, by why start with the show dogs? I would think the show breeders would be more interested in temperment and finding responsible homes. Has a "Pit Bull" ever attacked at a show?
Never ever have I seen a pit bite or even growl at a person. Out of all the show's Ive been to with Amstaffs/Pits only once has a pit got to another dog. In that case her lead broke and she was devistated. The other dog was fine. Its the same for a lot of terriers. Ever been around a group of Airedales. Now thats a dog aggressive breed. Way worse then amstaffs in the ring. lol

Ive never heard of any of the breeders children being attcked or bit from any of the ten pits or amstaffs they own either. Its just stupid people, not the breed.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts