Poodle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
labradoodle

'Her name is Maggie, she is very sweet and loving. Maggie loves to run and play with the ball. She is house trained. We got her because my son has asthma and their hair is different than a normal dogs but she is to big for our house. She has papers and she is about 10 mon old. She loves kids!!!'

'To big' & 'has papers'. Sigh. Poor doodle has the saddest face, as if she knows they want to send her away. (the jpg wouldn't post, sorry).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Papers? Like, to pee on?

You have to wonder what sort of "papers" the dog has, since it's a mutt. Hope the poor thing finds a decent home soon.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
You have to wonder what sort of "papers" the dog has, since it's a mutt. Hope the poor thing finds a decent home soon.
:rofl:

OK... I have to admit. Of all the doodle thingies I have seen, this one looks better than most. I'd rather see the dog get the opportunity to live in a happy home than be stuck in the wrong one.

·
Premium Member
6,684 Posts
hmmh me thinks they didn't understand that Lab= BIG and Standard Poo=BIG

Twyla

I spent a year reading up on dogs, and they types I liked before settling on a poodle

·
Registered
336 Posts
Why people do what they do?

Its sad that people are so casual about the animals they adopt/get/buy. I read some of the ads in that criagslist area and the reasons why they want to get rid of their pets it is outright heartbreaking.

Before I was given Guido I had been writing to a woman that was looking to place a 10 year old toy poodle from craigslist. She didn't want money for the poodle. Comes to find out the dog was sick and didn't want to care for it any longer.

My feeling on the Laberdoodle is she's not really telling the 'real reason' they don't want the dog. Human nature is funny sometimes people won't admit why they do what they do. And make made up excuses to get out of things.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
i'm taking a bit of a breka from rescuing right now with the move- nd my gosh i don't hate people quite as much as i did a couple months ago.

People re lazy- sdly with kids and dogs. unfortunatly neighbours bitch more bout dogs- and are esier to get rid of

one of the last dogs i fostered was one adopted through our rescue four years ago sweet husky x big dog... they screwed this dog up took her to the park she hd a dog go afterher and after that they never took her out except to visit the vet. Needless to sy- not that great with dogs (was great with 2 of my 3 dogs- tried to eat the 3rd) and well another kid on the way- so no we don't have time for this dog who has FABULOUS manners in the house- was super gentle with my kids and was NOT high energy in the LEAST bit. just not good with dogs. nope can't find that 10 minutes aday to toss the ball in the yard with her- or to god forbid take her to an obedience class or get help with her 3 years ago when she got scared. nope

man sits there CRYING. when he drops her off "I know it's best for her" uh huh. bull sh** i get emails from him every day 'ooh we miss her so much'... "but i know it's best for her"

nope it's not. It wsn't. Where is that dog? in foster home. We're swamped. i couldn't keep her (i had tken her on just to do behavoir consult on her knowing she had issues). Where is she fostered? with one of our great foster home who can take her on- which is a boarding kennel. She doesn't get to sleep in the house every night nymore- she rotates in and out. Why is she there? because we hd no foster homes with out over dogs- we have only 3 of us who can deal with dog agression out of all our foster homes- and i cn't take it on long term because of my moving house and well 2 kids (nad 2 75 pound dogs trying to kill each other.

it pisses me off. IN most cases these dogs ARE better off where they were- she had a family- who fed her nd gave her attention, she had a warm bed at night- and she was happy. She wasn't destroying things she wasn't biting people. NOpe she is scared whitless of other dogs. but she is afabulous dog who was HAPPY

1 - 9 of 9 Posts