Poodle Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been bothered by what is going on in the judicial branch of American government. Especially now that our president has rebranded himself as our chief law enforcement officer when his background is rather spotty when it comes to respecting the law.

I've been thinking about it this morning from the perspective of a poodle fancier. This may seem farfetched, but really it isn't. Not anymore. What if Siba and her people managed to offend Trump, and Trump went on a Twitter Storm denigrating Poodles? What if anybody at AKC pushed back against this, leading to Trump giving the green light to regulations making it hard to breed and show purebred dogs?

How would you feel to have your breed insulted in the dirtiest mudslinging fashion by him, and KNOW that he has the power to smite something you care about?

I know there are a lot of hot topic buttons in this post of mine, but I feel like we all have something to lose with this aggressive style of governing with its systemic breakdown of our traditions and laws.

What do you think?

·
Premium Member
9,349 Posts
PF is also about “General Off Topic Chat” and very neatly done poodle analogy, too. My DH is a naturalized U.S. Citizen, American Dream success story, also a poodle owner :) His astonishment at how quickly all the wheels have fallen off everything is painful because he’s not wrong. Every loophole has been found and filled, critical agencies have been gutted, demoralized, demonized, international promises have been broken. We are a long ways from great, a world away. So keep those puppy pictures coming

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you to everyone for sharing your thoughts.

Mfmst, your family's experience of this is quite poignant. How quickly the wheels have fallen off, indeed. Distracting ourselves with puppy pictures is a legitimate way to get through this. And I do hope we get through it, and will come out on the other side.

This period in history has been the strangest war I never expected to be a part of. There is no hiding from it, or standing on the sidelines. All that happens if I stick my head in the sand is my butt gets kicked. At the same time, it's not healthy to stay in a constant state of angst over the dissolution of my country's honor. Sometimes I have to look away from the news. Poodleforum is a good place to do that. One lovely thing that happens here is people of all political opinions come together and enjoy Poodles- proving that we CAN come together (y)

·
Super Moderator
2,787 Posts
...This may seem farfetched, but really it isn't. Not anymore. What if Siba and her people managed to offend Trump, and Trump went on a Twitter Storm denigrating Poodles? What if anybody at AKC pushed back against this, leading to Trump giving the green light to regulations making it hard to breed and show purebred dogs? ...What do you think?
I think this is hilarious. As purely benevolent political humor, I could make memes of this all day long.

Unfortunately, PF frowns upon discussion of politics b/c these sometime get hot and divisive and folks start complaining or flaming or has hurt feelings. No one mad so far, but still. I love humor, but sorry, it's a no-go for now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.