Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cheer2::cheer2:

I have had many dogs in my lifetime. I have to say that Rufus is the best. He is affectionate, protective and intelligent. He adores my granddaughter.

He is also the most destructive dog that I have ever had. He gets into everything. I think that goes along with the intelligence. I will try to upload some pictures.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Happy Birthday Rufus - but please tell me you outgrow the getting into everything this year. Wrigley is about 8 months and is into EVERYTHING...nothng is safe from his big mouth.
Can't wait to see your pictures.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Yup - that sounds like Wrigley. Lately his favorite has been to get a brand new roll of paper towels and tear it to shreds all over my kitchen.

·
Registered
646 Posts
ahhhhhhhhhh gotta love that age. Casey was one on the 6th of March and is a monster to. He is crated if not around him. He chewed my baseboard in his room last month but after a reminder of why we don't do that he hasn't touched it since.
Lots of bones around I try ot buy new ones ever couple weeks to switch them up a bit.
Mandy was never destructive.
Paper towel is a delicasy to Casey he can sniff one out of anywhere.
Mandy's favourite treat is to grab the dryer sheet. As soon as I open dryer she is routing through the clothes BUGGER

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
How did you remind him not to chew the baseboard? Teddy was like that when we got him - I just realized that he is not chewing any more - I don't know if he grew out of it or I got through to him lol He is 3

·
Registered
646 Posts
Yelled hollered screamed at top of my longs when cought him doing it LOL I scared the crap out of him and then took him by the collar to his crate.
It is brand new last year molding that the one pc is totally destroyed. Thankfully only the one pc. I heard a noice and thought it was him chewing his bone against the wall. When I come down to check i must have looked like a crazy woman.

Whatever it worked.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just signed up with photo bucket and put some photos there. Now to figure out how to move them here.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
BEAUTIFUL boy!! I wish I had some advice to offer on the chewing bit but neither of my poodles did it much. Actually, Carly never chewed anything she wasn't supposed to have. Billy did start with toilet paper. I scolded him whenever I caught him with it and I suppose because he is very sensitive, he responded quickly and stopped. Didn't much enjoy having my home toilet papered by my own dog! :smile:

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
I love his color looks sunny ! He is beautiful

·
Registered
15 Posts
:cheer2::cheer2:

I have had many dogs in my lifetime. I have to say that Rufus is the best. He is affectionate, protective and intelligent. He adores my granddaughter.

He is also the most destructive dog that I have ever had. He gets into everything. I think that goes along with the intelligence. I will try to upload some pictures.

Red Rufus - destructive? Red Rufuses have an initial D for destructive as the middle name.

Three leashes and two sofa pillows, and sheet music from my sons piano class..... :lol:

But he's also "affectionate, protective and intelligent."

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Awww, he's gorgeous!!! My girl is 3 and a half years old now, and I don't trust her home alone outside of her crate.... lol.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts