Poodle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a vet nursing student come in once a week, and today when the last dog of the day (a quick shave down while the owner waits) canceled out, we decided to have a bit of fun with her lab X pointer instead, and gave Ruby her first 'tattoo'!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=4960073&id=158122234622

Lots of fun, and she's ecstatic and has no decided that next week we'll have to add more. lol!

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have no idea how long it'll last! lol. Hence half the reason why we decided to play about and try it out! The owner adores it and sent me a txt later in the night raving about it more, so I'm glad! lol. Now we'll add to it next week probably, and keep tabs on how long it lasts...

The colour is just chalk, so I expect that'll wear off, but I imagine the shaved bit will stay for a while...

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
That is awesome!
I want tattoos on Flip!!!

Let us know how long it lasts, etc.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I have a friend who is also a groomer, and she has a lab that she shaves down.
one day I shaved her dog Shelby, and left hair in the pattern of Angel wings :)
it was super cute!

I like the color!

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Did you just use regular sidewalk chalk? Or something else? That tattoo looks pretty good!
you can use sidewalk chalk or you can use artist chalk I believe. I've always used sidewalk chalk but I have a friend who use the artist chalk and loved it.

That looks really cool FD. I SUCK at shaving little patterns like that. Haha I couldn't do a kidney patch on Jazz when I put her in the E.S. It turned into just a weird bald patch with no shape haha. Well done :)

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yup, regular chalk is fine, but I too use sidewalk chalk simply cos it's much bigger sticks! lol!

I don't know how long the colour lasted, cos she was then dyed ontop of the chalk... The shaved bit has mostly grown out though, though it is still there it's not obvious anymore.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts