Poodle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We left last night on our road trip out east to Nova Scotia to visit my family. My first trip there since 2019. First stop was my in-laws last night to shave a few hours off the drive
Sky Dog Plant Window Carnivore

Dog Sky Dog breed Plant Working animal

Atmosphere Plant Sky Tree Natural landscape

These photos are from this morning before hitting the road.
Then on to Levis, Quebec which is about the halfway point. Oona and I are hanging out in our hotel waiting for my partner and kid to bring back takeout. Oona has barked a couple of times at noises but is currently curled up on the bed asleep. Even though she sleeps in the car, I don’t think it’s a sound sleep since she is always exhausted when we arrive after a long drive.
Dog Furniture Window Comfort Carnivore

Comfort Wood Grey Flooring Bed frame

Dog Vertebrate Dog breed Carnivore Comfort

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds like a super fun trip! Looks like Oona enjoyed the beautiful outdoors.

Did you see any Nova Scotia tolling retrievers in Nova Scotia?
We haven't arrived yet! But I'll let you know. I've met a couple NS duck tollers in Ontario where we live! They're cool dogs. I did grow up around the corner from a NS duck toller named Taffy, in Halifax. But I think they're just as uncommon out there, in spite of the name connection.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rough night. We let Oona choose where to sleep and unsurprisingly she chose to sleep touching me even though there was half a bed available with my kid. She was anxious and on alert about any noise, waking to bark or give a low growl. Kids running in the hall is especially worrying to her. Can't wait to get to my folks' and settle in.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oona's doing great. She loves the big yard here, much better for zooms than our small yard. And she loves having more family around. She is also pretty good with our friend's puppy, Gus. She didn't beat him up like I thought she might - she has become sometimes less tolerant of older puppies. She has rolled/body-checked him several times, but he is a confident baby, and was unbothered and kept coming back for more rough and tumble times. She tolerates him jumping and trying to play bitey face and she’s even started inviting him to play chase a few times. Surprisingly, she's completely ignored his 5 year old older apricot sister other than an initial sniff. I thought she would snub the puppy and hassle the adult like she usually does in our school walks, but perhaps she is maturing out of that obnoxious teenage behavior, or maybe she and Nellie came to an understanding.
Dog Plant Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog

Dog Plant Water dog Carnivore Companion dog

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Discovering the departed family dog’s old hiding place. She isn’t going to want to leave this big yard.
Plant Plant community Working animal Natural landscape Elephants and Mammoths

new vantage points from the back porch.
Wheel Automotive tire Wood Tread Motor vehicle

Bitey face with puppy friend Gus, mom in the middle.
Dog Vertebrate Water dog Carnivore Dog breed

I like it here.
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Fence Collar

Dog Dog breed Water dog Carnivore Collar

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts