Poodle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this about 6 years ago and it works like magic! I started using it probably almost 5 1/2 years ago and it has never failed me once. It’s called “Zekenator”.

I live on a lake and occasionally get those large palmetto bugs and nick roaches in my house. I don’t know how they get in, but I suspect they come from inside the wall and in under the toilet. The chase always seems to start in the bathroom.

One night I was relaxing at night in the living room and I didn’t know where Zeke was. I heard a noise in the bathroom so went and looked, and has sniffing all around with his tail wagging wildly. Within a few minutes he emerged with a huge palmetto bug in his mouth. Then his torturing started lol.

Can’t say I stopped him: I am terrified of those things and don’t even want to pick up a dead one. So after a long while of him playing with, it died. He did not eat it, whew! But he was such a good boy!

10 minutes ago he appeared with another one. I don’t know how he knows when they are here. Could he be smelling it, or maybe hearing it? To me they are silent. But I probably average 1 every 3-4 months. Zeke is my knight in shining armor!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
WE have those here too, they are large and they do fly. I leave my garage door open and sometimes if I don't close it early enough one will fly in. Usually one of the cats will get em. I just grab the remains with a tissue and flush, if its alive I let it go outside.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Yup, us too. Florida living can be fun! We call it a pest control conference in our house since it fosters intense collaboration between our 2 cats. I'm sure Jessie will join in when the time comes, but luckily we haven't had any invaders since we got her. Now that I wrote that, I'm sure one will show up tomorrow and I'll get to see if she participates in the conference :)

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I cannot tell you how happy I was to leave the Gulf Coast - no more bugs! No more heat and humidity! My beloved mare's lower legs were always broken out with one kind of irritation or another until we moved to New Mexico. And no more fighting fleas!

That's not to say we do not have any insects, but no "palmetto bugs" (better known as huge roaches), no mosquitoes, etc.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
I love the Gulf and have been here now for 20 years ex NY/NJer. Arizona sounds appealing to me, I don't really know anything about New Mexico. Though now I am old and with my husbands health we won't be moving anywhere. The humidity and heat kill my arthritis at times. The winters are always damp and my first year here I felt colder than I ever felt in NY. The houses are mostly built on slap. I finally figured out it was the first time I didn't have a basement and the dampness was being felt to thru the slab. Of course now I am accustomed to it. I actually like moving to new places and have that feeling of starting again. I certainly could do without the mosquitos here, they are terrible, fire ants too.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Good for Zeke! I can't even imagine! I go crazy with the carpenter ant situation where I am; although, the weather this summer made the house invasion of ants less frequent. My dogs pretty much ignore them when they see them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts