Poodle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a photo of Bush Sr’s service dog named Sully. Loyal until the end. Friday night ... Sully was pictured laying in front of Bush's casket in Houston, ahead of its Monday flight to Washington, D.C. The former Prez will lie in state at the Capitol until Wednesday, and Sully will be heading back east as well.

The service dog was assigned to former Prez Bush back in June, and Bush family spokesman Jim McGrath says Sully -- trained by the nonprofit group America's VetDogs

PS I’ve always had a lot of respect and love for George HW Bush. He will be missed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
9,621 Posts
About three years ago, I was fortunate enough to be having lunch with a friend at a little Italian restaurant when James Baker, 4 secret service agents and then the Bushes entered. Barbara wearing pearls and using a walker, and President Bush was in a wheelchair. They seemed to have an animated lunch, I saw wine glasses:). Three good friends catching up. The SS agents were at a table next to ours, so we decided to have our coffee on the patio. When the Bushes and Secretary Baker left, they greeted everyone on the small patio, admired a baby and took their time getting to the black SUV’s. It made me sad to see them so hobbled when their spirits were still so gracious and fun. R.I.P. Barbara and George.

·
Premium Member
22,972 Posts
While President George HW Bush left the lasting legacy of ending the cold war without shots being fired. His legacy (as is the case with many public figures) is a mixed bag as I was reminded of by those who took rightly exception to the idea of John McCain's legacy being all for the good. I have watched and read many glowing remembrances of Bush 41 today, but will remind everyone that there is a mixed bag here too (remember Iran Contra and Gulf War Syndrome from his watch?). Read here. https://theintercept.com/2018/12/01/the-ignored-legacy-of-george-h-w-bush-war-crimes-racism-and-obstruction-of-justice/

It seems to be fashionable this week for liberals to remember Bush 41 glowingly because he voted for Hillary in 2016.

Mfmst I am glad to see that you saw the Bush's with their good friend James Baker able to enjoy their private life in their later years. I imagine that it can be hard for such public figures to have that experience.

Reactions: Mfmst and zooeysmom

·
Premium Member
9,621 Posts
The Clean Air Act, American’s with Disabilities Act, we can all get behind those. One of Houston’s first dog parks was the Millie Bush Dog Park. I’m certain Sully was a great comfort. He will now work with the Wounded Warriors Program.

·
Premium Member
5,614 Posts
as a side note, i should mention that there seemed for awhile to be a movement afoot in congress to dismantle some of the ada. i have not followed it, but what a slap in the face to bush by his own party.

Reactions: Mfmst and snow0160

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
as a side note, i should mention that there seemed for awhile to be a movement afoot in congress to dismantle some of the ada. i have not followed it, but what a slap in the face to bush by his own party.

Yeah I saw that. There is a lot of criticism that his death has turned into a 45 bashing but it really is a stark contrast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 6 of 6 Posts