Poodle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The world lost a gentleman, free thinker, bipartisan maverick this weekend. He showed true courage and heroism in his captivity in Vietnam and again this past year in facing his illness and his final days. If I had a flag flying it would spend the week this week at half mast.

·
Premium Member
22,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One of the truly great aspects of Senator McCain's life in the senate was that he did disagree with various people about all sorts of things, but that did not prevent him from cosponsoring various bills with democrats when he saw merit in a way to deal with an issue that was shared by a colleague on the other side of the aisle.

Reactions: Mfmst and galofpink

·
Registered
7,103 Posts
He will be missed. A true hero and gentleman, sad to see him go at a time when there are so few heroes and gentlemen.

Reactions: lily cd re

·
Premium Member
15,810 Posts
I too will miss his integrity and spirit! Not many like him left anymore................

·
Premium Member
22,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Yes, true integrity in this man. Didn’t always support his agenda, but Lord knows, I can respect how he lived his life.

May his legacy live on...and for now it will on the deciding vote he cast on the ACA.

·
Premium Member
22,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Reactions: Bevvie

·
Registered
331 Posts
The world is a tiny bit better without John McCain.

“They may be bombing civilians, which is actually not true,” McCain said, when asked about civilian casualties in Yemen.

“Civilians aren’t dying?” I asked.

“No, they’re not,” the senator replied. “Oh, I’m sure civilians die in war.”

interc.pt/1P86p6q by @lhfang

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
22,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Okay doditwo, but who is responsible for our continued involvement in Yemen and Syria and all manner of other places the the drain the swamp, isolationist POTUS promised he would get us out of?

I would like to see this all RIP itself since I had no intention of starting a fire. I am out at this point.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Never ending war is the one truly bipartisan issue. Neocons run both parties and John McCain has been their waterboy his entire career.

Trump is responsible for continuing the wars that Obama and Bush started. Congress is responsible for funding them. Americans are responsible for accepting fairytales over facts.

Back to Poodles...

·
Premium Member
22,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Agreed on all of that, most importantly back to poodles. We can't solve the complex ills of the world here, but we can help each other train, groom and have fun with our poodles.

Reactions: doditwo

·
Registered
288 Posts
Partisan politics can be a challenge forcing many to oblige positions they may or may not support.

I believe history will be kind to McCain. He was a good and brave man. Not so sure about the other one.

·
Premium Member
22,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
❤ I love you answer

XOXO on that. If more people could learn to find personal peace whether it be through lying on the couch with a well loved dog or twisting oneself up like a pretzel doing yoga, then we could solve the world's problems!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts