Poodle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We received Rio two weeks ago tomorrow. He flew from SeaTac to Anchorage International Via Alaska Airlines. Our nephew took care of everything on the shipping end while Alaska Airlines took great care of him. He was very glad to be out of the crate only to experience another 40+ mile journey to Wasilla. Rio obviously missed his siblings; however, started to settle in to life with with folks over 70 very readily. He is having issues with the occasional land shark attitude - part teething and part socialization - which will work out.

Having just learned of this forum, I am still perusing all that is available here. The experience of others will, undoubtedly, make this easier for us and our Rio than our earlier experiences with old friends who are seriously missed.
Rio on 10 13.jpg
Rio at Hatcher Pass.jpg

·
Registered
8,177 Posts
Welcome to you and Rio. Wow. What a trip, flying all the way to Alaska to his new home.

·
Premium Member
4,151 Posts
Hi and Welcome!
I'm looking forward to all the adventures! (and a few photos here and there :))

·
Premium Member
4,648 Posts
Welcome to you and Rio. I love seeing those snow pics although we only have one in a blue Moon. Please continue to share you journeys along the way

·
Premium Member
Mia, Christmas in June 2010
2,847 Posts
Hello and welcome! Rio is a handsome boy. Keep the photos coming!

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Welcome to the forum and Rio is a gorgeous pup. I am looking forward to learning about life with a pup in lovely Alaska. Would like to put that trip on my bucket list.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rio met his first moose as we were going out for his early morning visit to the john, actually three being in the form of a cow and two calves. We didn't get good photos, then again, winter is just starting so there will be more. He didn't panic nor was he too anxious to get acquainted either. He'll get his second round of vaccinations today so it won't be long before he can make some K9 friends.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts