Poodle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been 2 weeks since he hurt his knee. Were still not sure how though. He has had no improvement with it in that time even though he is on medications. He will completely hold it up 95% of the time, and will only put it down to brace himself while standing. He is getting great at getting around on 3 legs though now. :)

He will be going up to the University of Wisconsin on Monday to see an orthopedic specialist. We still dont know what is wrong, and since he has had no improvement we felt he needed to be reffered.
We will go up for a consult Monday, and depending on what they see/find/think he may stay the night for surgery possibly and ill pick him up Tuesday. It is all hanging in the air right now.

If you all could spare another good thought for my boy (and my pocketbook). If it is surgical i Know he is in the best hands possible. He is a higher anesthetic risk because of his uncontrolled addisons still. Im a worry-wort mom anyways. Thanks everyone!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,314 Posts
Oh bummer, I was hoping rest would be the cure. But I'm sure with this referral they will figure out the problem and a fix! I'm sending good thoughts to you both. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,481 Posts
Triple good thoughts coming your way!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
752 Posts
Oh.....man, Riley just needs a break. Definitely sending good thoughts and prayers your way. I was hoping it would just repair itself. I hope they find it quick and have an easy solution. Keep us posted!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,155 Posts
Sending healing thoughts and prayers your way :):):) !!!!!

As you said - he is in the best hands possible : ))) - I am sure they will know what to do to help him , so try to concentrate on that thought :hug:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
781 Posts
It has been 2 weeks since he hurt his knee.
If you all could spare another good thought for my boy (and my pocketbook). If it is surgical i Know he is in the best hands possible. He is a higher anesthetic risk because of his uncontrolled addisons still. Im a worry-wort mom anyways. Thanks everyone!!
all good thoughts and good wishes and good karma and prayers are being sent to riley and to you. i'm sure you are sick with worry. try not to be - i know he's gonna be all right. please keep us posted.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No updates yet. We went there this morning, and had a consult with the ortho vet. Riley had to stay the night though. They are going to ultrasound the knee in the morning and take more x-rays, and i will go pick him up tomorrow. There were a couple theories tossed out, but i wont write them down and jinx it. He doesnt think its surgical though (which at this point im not sure if thats good or bad). They called me tonight and let me know he is doing well, but wont eat there (i told them he probably wouldnt). I cant wait to get him tomorrow, and they will consult with me about what they find (he actually said he wasnt really sure what was wrong so is going to consult with his team about Ry). My room is going to be so lonely tonight. :(

Thanks again for the good thoughts girls!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,314 Posts
Ah man I feel your pain! On the one hand you don't want it to be something that requires surgery. But on the other, if surgery could be a good fix, then you kind of do want it to be something like that! I have my fingers crossed that they can figure things out. And just think of the happy reunion with Riley tomorrow!
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top