Poodle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just groomed both poodles, actually right on my birthday, the 4th. They're so clean and soft and Matisse especially, being white looks so nice after being such a ragamuffin from living more of a country life than a city one, even though we're in the city limits. It's a really countryish city. haha. So just now I was thinking, since it's low tide, I'd like to take them to the beach. But I just know they're going to want to roll in a dead crab or take a nibble from a dead fish or crab. Should I? Or shouldn't I? I suppose it's more important for them to have fun, right? I can always rinse them off quickly tomorrow and even let them dry in the sun and get all curly. Hmmm. What would you do? Take them on a regular walk, but still pleasant (their 2nd walk for the day) where they don't get dirty or take them on a more interesting walk and one I'd actually enjoy more, but where they might get disgusting? Remember, I work very hard around here and I don't have a lot of spare time for successive grooming. :bathbaby::bathbaby::bathbaby::bathbaby::bathbaby::bathbaby::bathbaby:

·
Registered
428 Posts
Welp, if it were me, and considering I live where the spoos have so much fun running through the woods and digging or rolling in something...I'd wait and enjoy them being clean a bit longer :) after all, every day is super fun for them isn't it?

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,499 Posts
One clean day, as it is your birthday, and an extra long walk at the shore tomorrow would be my suggestion. And birthday cake all round!

Belated Happy Birthday, too.

Reactions: Poodlebeguiled

·
Registered
537 Posts
Happy Birthday, PB!

You do you whatever it is, but a walk on the beach with two beautiful poodles? I'd do it, and bring the camera!

I hope your day is awesome.

·
Registered
7,266 Posts
Happy birthday belatedly.

I’m selfish, I’d wait until closer to the next bath. They don’t know what they are missing and a nice hike is fun too.

Reactions: Poodlebeguiled

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Well first of all Happy Birthday! I must admit I don't like my boy getting all dirty. As it is we go to the groomer every 4 weeks (standing appointment). This month will be 5 weeks yikes, but I'm having cataract surgery so..I'm giving myself a week extra just in case. While I think the beach is grand I'd probably do that just before their next groom or when I know that when I came home they could have a bath. I hope you had an enjoyable birthday!!

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ohhhhhh!! Hahahahah.:lol: You know what? I didn't even think this posted. I wrote it, then decided it was stupid:loco: and back spaced, thinking it had gone bye-bye into cyberspace. And just now, I noticed it.

Thank you everybody. And thanks for the b-day wishes. Very sweet.

I couldn't wait all the way until the next groom because that's a whole month away and we hit the beach much more often than that because it's only a couple miles away. But just when I was going to throw them in the car and head out, figuring I'd just watch them carefully, keep 'em on leash (eagles anyhow) one of my neighbors texted me that if it was a good time, they'd come over right then to fix my electronics for my music stuff. He is a wiz at this stuff...had to change some connections with the karaoke machine, mics and speakers etc. Then we proceeded to have happy hour since it was around that time. So I didn't wind up doing anything with the dogs. They had had a morning walk though and play time in the yard of course. I like your way of thinking though. The spoiled brats can just wait a little bit. hahaha. :aetsch:

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
Happy belated birthday!

Keep the dogs clean! They wouldn’t know if it had been an hour or a week before they visited the beach again. And all that sand, ugh. There is nothing better than a freshly groomed poo... even a play at the beach!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts