Poodle Forum banner

Retreiving/Working Poodles

4785 Views 35 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  cash
Can anyone direct me where I can find informatin on any websites or other places that I can find information on Poodles who work/retreive? Never having been around any dogs who hunt or retreive, I don't even know where to start, but I would love for Cash and I to learn.

Thanks!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
861 Posts
To start out with fetch

I have to say Bella loves to 'fetch' more than any other dog I've known! I won't hunt with her, but it's sure fun to play with them.

We started when we got her at just under 3 months and would just do lots of praise and treats (kibble) when she brought it back to us. We've just started to have success with 'drop it' through similiar techniques. Though not yet if it's contraband we want her to drop. grumble.

· Registered
861 Posts
The descriptions of 'prey drive' make me laugh thinking of my childhood retriever mix. She had a huge prey drive that would have her bolt across the street in front of cars, sit motionless at a mystery hole in the yard for hours, point, chase birds she had no hope of catching, the whole 9 yars. However she was scared to death of water and loud noises. LOL.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.