Poodle Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

Premium Member
Truly sorry for your loss! cowpony鈥檚 thought about an old dog really resonated with me. I鈥檓 glad San Diego, lived long, large and on couches. Old dogs are in all the family pictures and will always be in your memories. (Not to dismiss the pain of a young dog鈥檚 passing, nor will they be forgotten.) It鈥檚 the most unselfish, loving decision to free a beloved pet from an unacceptable quality of life even if they are stoic. Heartfelt condolences and hugs.

Premium Member
Elroy: Standard Poodle 02/20/21
I have no words other than so sorry for your loss. Diego must have been a great family dog. 馃槩

Premium Member
Until you meet again...A life well lived and well loved, every moment.

Reactions: Starla

Registered
Leo (GSD), Lily (APBT), and Simon (SPoo)
I'm so sorry.

Reactions: Starla

Registered
We said goodbye to sweet Diego today. He has been having more bad days than good. I was struggling with this appointment; it was made several days ago, but I really feel it was time. He had cheeseburgers for dinner last night and breakfast this morning. He was so loved.
View attachment 487110
View attachment 487111
I'm so sorry your fur baby lost the battle to live in this life, but rest assured, they are perched and waiting for your arrival in the eternal. It's never pleasant to put a pet down, but we all know that's a critical part of pet care. My heartfelt sympathies are extended to all who have had to say farewell to a furry friend. Believe me, they feel our pain and are waiting for us in Heaven.

Registered
So sorry for you loss. 馃挃馃惥 Someone sent this to me when we lost our sweet Jake last November. Sending you hugs and love.
They tell you not to cry.
They tell you that it鈥檚 just a dog, not a human being.
They tell you that the pain will be over.

They tell you that the animals don't know that they have to die.

They tell you that it's important not to let him suffer.

They tell you that you can have another one.

They tell you it's going to happen to you.

They tell you that there is more pain.

But they don't know how many times you've looked into your dog鈥檚 eyes.

They don't know how many times you and your dog have looked into darkness alone.

They don't know how many times your dog was the only one who was by your side.

They don't know how much fear you have at night when you wake up with your grief.

They don't know how many times your dog slept near you.
They don't know how much you've changed since the dog has become a part of your life.
They don't know how many times you hugged him when he was sick.

They don't know how many times you've acted like you didn't see his hair getting whiter.

They don't know how many times you've talked to your dog, the only one who really hears.

They don't know that it was just your dog who knew you were in pain.

They don't know what it feels like to see your old dog trying to get up to say hello.

They don't know that if things went wrong, the only one who didn't go is your dog.

They don't know that your dog trusts you every moment of his life, even in the last.

They don't know how much your dog loved you and how it is enough for him to be happy, because you loved him.

They don't know that crying for a dog is one of the most noble, significant, true, purest and warmest things you can do.

They don't know when the last time you moved him with trouble... making sure it didn鈥檛 hurt him.
They don't know what it felt like to pet their face in the last moments of their life....
In Memory of all those who went over the rainbow bridge. You all have a place forever in our hearts 馃挄
- author Emanuele Spud Grandi

Registered
We said goodbye to sweet Diego today. He has been having more bad days than good. I was struggling with this appointment; it was made several days ago, but I really feel it was time. He had cheeseburgers for dinner last night and breakfast this morning. He was so loved.
View attachment 487110
View attachment 487111
I'm so sorry for your loss. RIP Diego. He had a great life with you

Registered
View attachment 487110
View attachment 487111
It鈥檚 always traumatic, even when obviously the only loving recourse. Wishing you the release from pain he now has. He was a lucky pooch.

Registered
I feel your pain! Rushed one of my dogs (Rusty 14) to the emergency room two nights ago. Had to let him go too. Not easy. RIP Diego.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts